CHAPTER 19

A/N Hi guys. Hope you like this. My dms and comments are open for any constructive criticism and suggestions or just anything you wanna say about this book or any suggestions on what you want the next book to entail.
--------------------

The next few days were a blur for the throuple. With working long shifts at the hospital and the fire station, they barely saw each other. Arizona could not ease her worries in the midst of all that was going on at work and with them barely seeing each other she just got caught up and forgot about confronting Maya about everything.

Recovery for Carina went on smoothly. The Italian even got chief Bailey into allowing her to go back into work provided she just stuck to paperwork. And since paperwork was pilling up due to the unavailability of an interim head of Carina’s department, Bailey caved and agreed. As long as she doesn’t strain herself right?

MAYA POV

‘’Ok Mai, everything is ready. How do you want-‘’

‘’W-what if I mess it up and say the wrong thing Andy. And what if they say-‘’

‘’Maya no. don’t do that. None of that will happen. Everything will go according to plan. I promise’’

‘’Are you sure about that?’’ I asked her while still pacing around the room. ‘’Yes Mai 100%”’

I really don’t want things to go south. I have been thinking about going ahead with this plan for weeks now. Everyone in the station knew about it including Miranda because Ben cannot for the love of all things good keep a secret from his wife. But thankfully they don’t know yet.

I’m actually surprised the rest of the people at the station hadn’t told them yet considering the fact that Carina is quite scary when she wants to be especially when she wants the truth. As for my sweet blonde, she will sweet talk her way to the truth. And keeping this from them for weeks must have been hard. I know it was for me for sure.

I know Ari has been a bit worried about me all this time but I have been seeing Diane about the nightmares I have been having lately. They started about a week after Car was discharged from the hospital. And the scenario and outcome changes every time I get the nightmares.

It could be me dying in the hospital, Car not having woken up from it, Ari dying or the both of them and it scares me. I called Diane after the seventh one I had because it was interfering with my thought process and just my life. I couldn’t sleep with Car and Ari with the fear that they will find out about them. Not that I don’t want them to know.

I hope I can explain everything after tonight.

‘’Ok. Time to go. I need to go home before heading to the final destination. Bothe Car and Ari are at work and I just got out of my 12-hour shift ending at 7pm. I locked up my office and left after giving Andy clear and detailed instruction on what to do and everyone’s role in the proposal today.

I can’t believe I’m doing it.. After getting blessings from Ari’s parents I was even more determined to do it.

ARIZONA POV

I am exhausted. And I honestly can’t wait until this shift ends in about 2 hours. All I want right now is to crawl into the arms of either of my girlfriends…or both. I left my office and went up to OB in search of Carina. I found her in her office doing paperwork as assigned by the chief.

‘’Hi baby. Are you busy?’’ I asked sitting on the couch in front of her desk.

‘’No Bella why?’’ she responded

. ‘’Come here. I need some loving. And to talk to you.’’ She took of her coat laying it on her chair and made her way to me laying completely on top of me.