October 12 (Day 12: Toxin)

Context: Shadows of Beings are a subspecies of the darkness. This consists of SS Shadow Sabre and RQ Shadow Sabre. One of their weaknesses is glow berries. Eat one, you get sick, eat a dozen, you better find the cure. The cure is any berry that is not a glow berry, dipped in darkness.

In hell
TR Sabre and RQ Shadow Sabre are relaxing, near a lava pool. They are reminiscing about their past lives.

TR Sabre: "Remember the time where I questioned why you and SS Shadow Sabre could not eat glow berries."
RQ Shadow Sabre: "Your reaction was priceless and it was on your fifth day."

Flashback started
Elan put two batches of cookies on the counter. One was a batch of glow berry cookies, and the other batch was chocolate chip cookies. He turn around to make the second batch of glow berries and chocolate chip cookies. SS Sabre came into the kitchen and saw the cookies.

Elan: "You better not one cookie."
SS Sabre: "I won't, father."
Elan: "Put it in the dining room."

SS Sabre open the kitchen door to see SS Shadow Sabre there.

SS Shadow Sabre: "I smell cookies."
SS Sabre: "Hold the door, got to put the cookies in the dining room."

SS Shadow Sabre walk back to the cookies and put each batch onto plates. He carried them out of the kitchen to the dining room. SS Shadow Sabre follow him and hold the dining room door for him. He put the plates onto the table.

SS Shadow Sabre: "I will tell the others that we have cookies."

SS Shadow Sabre left the dining room and SS Sabre too. He walk back to the kitchen to help his father carried the second batches of glow berries and chocolate chips to the dining room.

Everyone was in the dining room, enjoying the cookies. TR Sabre was amazed at the glow berry cookie and the chocolate chip cookie. He also notice that his shadow brothers are just eating chocolate chip cookies.

TR Sabre: "How come you two eat the chocolate chip cookies?"
RQ Shadow Sabre: "How do we say this?"
SS Shadow Sabre: "Glow berries are toxic for Shadow of Beings because they give out a light."
RQ Shadow Sabre: "Light and dark does not mix well."

TR Sabre was surprised at his older brothers' answer. He decided to eat a second glow berry cookie.

Flashback ended

TR Sabre: "I never ask how you guys knew about the glow berries being toxic."
RQ Shadow Sabre: "It was on the fourth night of your week, staying with us."

Another flashback started
SS Shadow Sabre and RQ Shadow Sabre sneak into the kitchen to get the glow berries. RQ Shadow Sabre also grab the bag of mix berries that are covered in darkness.

SS Shadow Sabre: "I never know why father keep mixing berries with darkness."
RQ Shadow Sabre: "I think he have his reasons. It does help us with any light injuries."
SS Shadow Sabre: "Want a glow berry?"
RQ Shadow Sabre: "No, should we even do this?"
SS Shadow Sabre: "Just one glow berry to see what happen."

SS Shadow Sabre eat one glow berry and he was fine.

SS Shadow Sabre: "I am okay."
RQ Shadow Sabre: "I am not risking it. You should eat one dark covered berry, in case you are not fine."
SS Shadow Sabre: "Fine."

SS Shadow Sabre eat one dark covered berry. They put back the berries into the fridge. They go back to bed.

The next morning
SS Shadow Sabre wake up and ran to the bathroom. He start throwing up and Elan came to check on him.

Elan: "What did you?"
SS Shadow Sabre: "Ate one glow berry, last night."
Elan: "Did you eat a dark cover berry, after that?"

RQ Shadow Sabre walk into the bathroom.

RQ Shadow Sabre: "He did. Eating one glow berry make us sick."

Elan look at both of them.

Elan: "Another thing to write about in your book about your species."
SS Shadow Sabre: "Yes."

SS Shadow Sabre flushed the toilet and they walk out of the bathroom.
Flashback ended

TR Sabre: "I remember that morning, SS Shadow Sabre ended up having those dark covered berries in his breakfast."
RQ Shadow Sabre: "Yeah, Elan also ground us for the rest of the day."
TR Sabre: "What happen if you eat more than one."
RQ Shadow Sabre: "SS Shadow Sabre ate a dozen glow berries and he almost died. He end up with eating dark covered berries for a month."
TR Sabre: "Oh my."
RQ Shadow Sabre: "It was a good thing that he did it in the kitchen and I was there to get the berries."
TR Sabre: "We should go back to our room."
RQ Shadow Sabre: "Death knows where we are, but he will find us, if it's past curfew."

TR Sabre and RQ Shadow Sabre teleport to their shared room and go to bed.
————————————————————
Written: October 12, 2023, 10:00-10:05 pm
Context: Shadows of Beings are a subspecies of the darkness. ... The cure is any berry that is not a glow berry, dipped in darkness.
October 13, 2023, 9:16-9:21 pm
In hell ... Elan put two batches of cookies on the counter.
October 13, 2023, 10:14-10:31 pm
One was a batch of glow berry cookies, and the other batch was chocolate chip cookies. ... RQ Shadow Sabre: "It was on the fourth night of your week, staying with us."
October 14, 2023, 7:12-7:21 pm
Another flashback started ... RQ Shadow Sabre: "He did. Eating one glow berry make us sick."
October 14, 2023, 8:45-8:56 pm
Elan look at both of them. ... TR Sabre and RQ Shadow Sabre teleport to their shared room and go to bed.
Words: 993
Published: October 14, 2023, 8:56 pm
TR Sabre
RQ Shadow Sabre
Elan
SS Sabre
SS Shadow Sabre
RQ Sabre