Chapter 54- Coronation

Yvaine's POV

About a month had passed since the Realm Battle, and the day had finally arrived for my official coronation as Queen. Technically, I already held the title, but still needed to go through the ceremony.

Anxiety gnawed at me as I gazed at the tiara resting before me, the one I had worn for so long. Soon, my mother would pass her crown to me. I couldn't help but feel a whirlwind of emotions. I had been preparing for this day for so long.

"Princess, you look absolutely beautiful," one of my ladies-in-waiting commented as she put the finishing touches on my coronation accessories.

I turned to look at myself in the mirror, hardly recognizing the person who stared back at me. I reached out to touch my facial markings, still finding it hard to believe the transformation I had undergone.

I had urged my friends to return home, and they had willingly agreed. Garreth had remarked that he had had enough of the water to last a lifetime. They had promised to return for the ceremony, though.

Sebastian and Ominis had been reluctant to leave, but eventually, they had agreed. They had been adamant that they would be back for my coronation day, which was today.

Just the thought of it sent my heart racing, though I wasn't entirely sure if it was in a good way. My lady-in-waiting left to answer the door and hurriedly departed, much to my surprise.

I turned around to find molten chocolate eyes locked onto mine, eyes that always spelled trouble when they looked my way.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good," he chuckled while raising his hands in mock surrender. With a wide, bashful grin, I dashed towards him, enveloping him in a loving embrace.

"How are you feeling, love? Big day today," he said, his fingers gently caressing my face.

"Oh, overwhelmed, filled with anxiety from the top of my head to the end of my tail," I confessed, glancing away.

"You're going to make an amazing ruler, Yvaine. Your strength and leadership have already shown themselves a hundredfold," he assured me, his hands moving down to rest reassuringly on my arms.

"And might I add that this," he gestured with his fingers towards my coronation attire, "is quite something," he said with a chuckle.

"Practically battle armor," I quipped in return. "But only for coronation and political engagements, I assure you."

"I'm still getting used to these," he remarked, gently caressing my cheeks, where my new facial markings adorned my skin.

"Me too. During the battle, when I fully transformed, my mother had noticed her own markings receding as she fought Zyphyr. She told me she sensed my death...." I began which caused Sebastian to tense up.

"Then she started losing ground against Zyphyr. But then, she regained hope when she saw her markings receding, which meant I was alive and transforming," I said as I touched my face.

"Don't worry; they'll likely disappear in my human form, I think," I said with a giggle.

Suddenly, small waves indicated a new presence.

"Sebastian, for Merlin's sake, you've got to stop rushing in without introducing yourself. I had to calm down her guards before they sent a firing squad after you," Ominis said, slightly out of breath.

"I can't help it; I was just too excited. It's been a month since we last saw her," he said, his grin widening.

"That may be true, but she's a Queen now. Do you think the Queen of England would let just anyone wander through her palace like you did?" Ominis chuckled lightly.