⁕42⁕

I stepped out of the car and took a look around my surroundings

I stepped out of the car and took a look around my surroundings. A busy road with people running to work and the small cosy cafe. I walked into the cafe and searched for the person I was supposed to meet.

When I found him in the corner sipping his drink, and when he saw me the obnoxious grin that appeared on his face made me want to punch it out of his face. I sighed as I went towards him and took a seat opposite to him.

He passed me a cup of coffee and I raised my brows in surprise.

"I had never thought that one day I would be meeting a bastard like you," I said and sipped my drink.

He laughed loudly and shook his head, before saying, "Do not be so disrespectful Rudra-it was you, who wanted to meet me."

"Shut up, Rohit!"

He chuckles, leaning back in his seat, and folds his arms.

"What was that you wanted you discuss?"

I run my fingers through my hair and take a deep breath before fixing my eyes on him.

"I heard you hold major shares in Aditya's company."

The playful glint and the relaxed expression on his face changed into a serious one. He nods after a calculating pause, then speaks.

"Yes, I had them from the beginning, well to be specific when he took over the company."

I nodded, listening to him and it matched the information Rahul gave me, so I assumed, he was speaking the truth.

"But why do you still have them, when you are chandini's close friend and she had some serious history with him?" I ask.

He chuckles slightly as if he had expected me to ask this question.

"They did not even know each other when he transferred the shares to me, he is stupid but can be very cunning. He tricked his uncle and gave me his shares because he did not trust anyone and was my close friend. But, now I am thinking of selling them."

I nod, silently sipping my coffee and listening carefully.

"I wanted to discuss it with you."

"Tell me. I am all ears," he says leaning forward and resting his arms on the table.

"Sell me the shares,"

"Why?"

"He has been blackmailing Chandini, and he also stalked her. I want him ruined, from every corner. With your shares, I will hold the maximum percentage of the shares and a position as a member of the Board. And after that... It's on me, what to do."

His expression changed slightly at the mention of Aditya stalking and blackmailing her. But it was for a brief moment.

And his reaction tells me something is off with this whole blackmailing because, as per Rahul's information, it's not Aditya. And this does not make sense, something is wrong with this whole situation either Rahul got the wrong information or I am missing something.