⁕5⁕

I was in my office with Muktha, discussing the arrangements she had made

I was in my office with Muktha, discussing the arrangements she had made. And everything was going smoothly until Rahul came into my office with a file.

"The thing you asked for—everything you need to know is in it," he said, looking at Muktha. They both smiled at each other, and I narrowed my eyes at them.

She looked at me, and I told her to go to the venue and take care of everything because the gala was tomorrow. I need everything to be perfect.

I took the file and looked into it. Her name is Chandini Sehgal; she is 21 years old, and she has an older brother and a younger sister. She has two best friends, Barkha and Rohit. She had a boyfriend, too. I looked at her pictures again and was mesmerized by her captivating beauty. Her eyes were dark but sparkling and full of life.

"Her brother, Samay Sehgal, works in our company in the IT department." Rahul interrupted my thoughts of her, raising his eyebrows. I cleared my throat and looked at him thoughtfully, considering what he had said.

"Invite—"

"It is already done! Everyone from the company is invited with one date," he cut me off and showed me one finger. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes to relax. Nobody gets on my nerves like he does.

"You okay?" He has the audacity to ask if I am okay, knowing full well that I despise it when people cut me off mid-sentence. I gave him a cold stare, and he gulped.

"You know very well, that I fucking hate it when people interrupt me between sentences. I am going to kill you today, Asshole," I yelled.

I got out of my chair and grabbed the lamp from the table, ready to throw it at his head. He bolted out of the room, with his eyes wide, before I could throw it at him.

I took another deep breath, and after some time, I was calm enough to resume my work.

A few hours later

I was tired of working all day, so I called Rahul and Sumit and decided to go to a cafe to relax and have some coffee or perhaps something to eat. Sumit arrived at the office, and we took off. He told me about a new cafe that just opened up and that their coffee is delicious.

We went there and sat down, ready to place our order. I was looking at the menu to see what I could order to go with my coffee.

"Hello, welcome to our cafe. I'll be helping you today. What would you like to order, gentleman?" Again, that sweet, angelic voice.

After what she did, I should not be drawn to her voice, but God help me. I can't fucking stop myself. I looked up, and she met my gaze. Her eyes widened as she recognized me. And I smirked.

"We'll both take coffee with sandwiches, thank you." Sumit smiled and ordered for him and Rahul, and they resumed their conversation.

She took their order and looked at me, as I was already looking at her.