⁕38⁕

"The billionaire Rudra Kapoor was spotted being kissed by a mysterious woman: his wife witnessed the scene unfold

"The billionaire Rudra Kapoor was spotted being kissed by a mysterious woman: his wife witnessed the scene unfold."

I read the headline of the article Rohit sent to me, and I don't know how I should be feeling about it. I am annoyed with him because it was clearly mentioned that I watched everything. So, there was no reason for him to send me this. I am already irritated that some woman kissed Rudra!

I tightened my grip on my phone, intending to throw it away. It started to ring, and it was Barkha calling. I chose to ignore it. It rang again, and this time it was Bhaiya calling.

I turned off the device and went to the library, where I ran into Maa after exiting a room that was always locked. "Maa?"

"Yes, dear."

"Are you upset with me? Did I do something?" I asked, but she was looking back at the room she had just left.

"Arre, nahi chandini, tumse koi kese bhala naraz ho sakta hain! I was just worried about something and did not want to burden anyone with my problems."

(oh, no chandini, how can someone be upset with you!)

I nodded. "You can talk to me if something is bothering you."

She shook her head and gently patted my cheek. She said she was fine now, but I do not believe her because there are prominent dark circles under her eyes and it seems like something is really bothering her. She walked away, but not before taking another look at the door. I went inside the library and entered, but then I turned around and walked back to that room. I twisted the doorknob, and it was locked as usual.

•*•~•*•

I feel like hours have passed, but I am still on the same page, and I could not get the image of that woman's lips on his cheek out of my head. It was only a brief moment, but many emotions rushed over me, anger being one of them.

The problem is that I do not get angry easily. I am the kind of person who prefers to remain calm and handle everything carefully but...

I sighed and tried once more to concentrate on what I was reading, but I couldn't. I huffed and slammed the book against my head. I closed my eyes, leaned back on the couch, and relaxed my body. After some time, the creaking sound of the door opening and closing echoes. I then heard rushing footsteps and felt someone breathe on my face. I opened my eyes and screamed, sitting up straight, and then the person screamed too.

"WHAT? WHA—why are you screaming? bitch!"

When I lift my head, I notice that Barkha is also breathing quickly, just like me.

"You scared me! Are you crazy or what?" I said, shaking my head. She huffed loudly as she sat down next to me.

"Here, take this." She handed me his card and said, "Please tell your husband that I am sorry; I did not mean to snitch on him. I was just irritated that you didn't inform me, so I went off—but I transferred all of the money I had taken into your account. And, thank God, it was not much, or I would be on the street—begging!"