⁕14⁕

We soon arrived at his office building

We soon arrived at his office building. He got out of the car and walked over to me, opening the door and helping me. I saw a huge building made of glass. I stretched my neck to look up. I was in awe until I noticed a few people with cameras outside the building.

They were journalists.

"Hold my hand until we enter the building," Rudra said, lowering himself to my level.

He extended his hand in front of me for me to hold, and I did. His palm was warm, whereas mine was clammy from sweat. I felt it again, tingles running down my arm, leaving a trail of goosebumps in their wake. He tightened his grip as if he felt it as well, and he was staring at me intently.

We made our way towards the building. The guards were pushing the reporters back, and the sound of cameras being clicked could be heard. They were asking him questions about—who I was if the rumours of the wedding were true or not, and what about the woman he was with a few weeks ago?

huhh...

When we walked into the building, everyone was staring at me. I felt strange like I was being exposed in front of their eyes. I tightened my grip on Rudra. He looked down at me, perhaps noticing that I was becoming nervous with so many eyes on me.

"Do not worry; it is unusual for them to see me with a woman inside the office," he said with amusement.

We continued to walk. We abruptly came to a halt, and I noticed everyone scrambling. I looked at Rudra, who was glaring down at his employees with narrowed eyes. I tugged on his hand to grab his attention, and he turned to face me.

"Your sister and mother will be waiting for us. Let's go," I said with a smile.

"I didn't say they were already here. They will be here in an hour or so," he stated flatly as we walked towards the elevator.

"Which floor are we going to?" I spoke up, removing my hand and breaking the awkward silence.

He folded his arms and said, "85th floor."

85 floors!!!

We arrived at his floor and got out of the elevator. Everyone greeted him with good mornings, but he ignored them and continued walking straight. I sighed at his stern and impolite behaviour towards his employees and smiled at them as I walked behind him.

He suddenly stopped walking, and I bumped up into his back again, rubbing my nose.

"You need to get your eyes checked," he exclaimed, annoyance evident in his tone.

"You need to stop making abrupt stops in front of me. Concrete of a man! My nose is hurting now because of you! Moron!" I said and walked past him, but stopped realising I didn't know where we were going. I turned around awkwardly to face him.

"Darling, what happened? Go ahead," he said, relaxing and putting his hands in his pockets. I can tell he is making fun of me, so I huffed and folded my arms. I was feeling like a child who was about to stomp his foot.