Chapter 10: A New Normal

AUTHORS NOTE// The second season of Invincible is coming out. And I am not going wait years to move along with this story. That is why I have decided to read the comics and continue it from there. I've watched 9 hours worth of Invincible comic readthroughs so I actually know how it ends. But if you have not seen the comics, there will be spoilers for the second season as well as the future seasons. 

I would also appreciate if you guys would vote since this takes hours just for one chapter. Thank you. 

See picture above for the cover I edited. 

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm, amber glow across the quiet suburban neighborhood where Mark and his extraordinary companions lived

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm, amber glow across the quiet suburban neighborhood where Mark and his extraordinary companions lived. Inulverable, Invincible, Kakarot, and Raditz had just returned home, their powerful auras still crackling with the energy of their recent battle against petty villains. Exhausted but triumphant, they made their way inside, only to find Cecil, the enigmatic strategist, waiting for them.

Mark hesitated for a moment before stepping into his room, where Cecil stood, his eyes sharp and focused. "Call in your brothers and Raditz," Cecil said, his voice low and commanding. "I have some stuff I want to say."

Mark nodded silently, a mix of curiosity and apprehension clouding his expression. He left the room, swiftly gathering YN, Kakarot, and Raditz. Together, they returned to Mark's room, the air thick with tension.

"What do you want to talk to us about?" YN inquired, his eyes narrowing slightly.

"Make it fast, human," Raditz added, his impatience evident.

Cecil took a deep breath, his gaze meeting theirs with intensity. "Nolan... his earpiece, the one he used to communicate with me. It worked both ways," he began, his voice steady. "We were able to record everything he said before he left the planet."

Mark frowned, confusion etched on his face. "Yeah? You already told us that."

Kakarot leaned in, his curiosity piqued. "What's so significant about it?"

Cecil's expression darkened. "It's been leaked to the media," he revealed, his voice grim. "The entire recording—everything from his encounter with the immortal to him leaving the planet. Every single second, completely unedited. It's all out there now. I don't know who leaked it... but I will find out, and it won't be pretty. We're monitoring everyone who had access to the recording now. A simple scan of spending habits over the next few months should reveal the culprit. I'm sure they made quite a sum of money off the sale. It's being aired in a special on one of the major network excerpts stations that have been running on the news and in promos for the special all day long."

Mark's eyes widened with shock. "But... how?"

Cecil shook his head, a mixture of frustration and determination in his eyes. "I would have told you guys earlier, but I wanted to tell you in person," he said, his voice laced with resolve.