Chapter 4, Part 2: Piccolo

Previously: Kakarot looked at me with a concerned expression and so we listened. "Where are you?" I ask. The mysterious voice gave us directions. We ended up in some kind of base located in the sky. An old green alien greeted us.

"Since when do flaxans speak English?" Kakarot says. The alien corrected Kakarot saying, "No that is not what I am. I don't know where I come from. My name is Kami, the God of Earth."

"So the 'God of Earth' needs our help?" I ask. "Yes, long ago I sealed away my evil counterpart. His name is Piccolo. Recently he was released from his seal and made a wish on the dragon balls."

"So you want us to kill him?" Kakarot says. "No, our lives are one as we are the same. Kill him and you kill me. Kill me and the dragon balls are gone. We need to seal him away once more."

"And how will we do that?" I asked Kami. "By learning the Mafuba. I will send you two to Roshi. He will be the one that will train you.

 He will be the one that will train you

Now: YN's POV:

"This guy seems like a big deal." I say, "Sucks that we can't fight him", Kakarot remarked. The both of us were heading towards Kame House to get the training from Roshi. We found ourselves in the middle of the ocean with a singular house. "This has to be it", stated Kakarot. "Yup."

I look down to see a turtle heading towards us. "Oh, you must be the new students. Master Roshi is inside." Kakarot and I share a glace, a talking turtle isn't all that alarming. "Thanks," I say. Kakarot knocks on the door. No answer. He tries to open the door to see if it was unlocked, it was. To our displeasure we are witnessing an old man watching some video of a woman doing yoga. You would think that there is nothing wrong with it but the facial expression he was making said it all. I cleared my throat and in response the presumed Roshi scrambled for the remote to turn off the television.

The old man whips around to see us standing there. "Hehe, I didn't expect you two to come so soon." Kakarot was cringing while I was wondering how someone can be that focused on a yoga instruction video. "This is embarrassing", Kakarot stated plainly. Roshi hung his head low and sighed. "That isn't important right now. Piccolo should be on the attack any time now. We need to learn this 'mafuba' technique of yours."

"Ah, of course. Follow me outside." We did as told. "Before we begin, I would like to see where you lie in strength." Roshi tells us. "Are you sure?" Kakarot said scoffing. "Positive", Roshi says grinning. "If you say so, are you ready?" I told him. The man nods and I attack, Kakarot joins in shortly after.

Roshi was definitely strong but not strong enough. We were leagues ahead of him. After the fight Roshi was bruised up and caught his breath. "You boys sure are strong," he says while panting. Roshi put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a green bean. "Is that—" I was cut off by Roshi completing my sentence, "A senzu bean." He popped it into his mouth and all his injuries had recovered. "Now it is time for you boys to learn the mafuba and defeat Piccolo once and for all."

"Finally," Kakarot remarked.

.

.

.

.

.

After the long sessions and getting the technique right, we were finally done. "That took longer than I thought it would." I say glancing at Kakarot. "Yes, yes it did."

"You boys better hurry up and seal that demon for good", Roshi called out. "Yes sir."

"Before you go, take this." Roshi gave us a container and a lid with some string. "Thanks for doing this," I say to the man. We take our leave and look for Piccolo.

At Home:

Debbie and Nolan were watching the news, the space ship that was headed for Mars was about to take off. The program was then interrupted. "There seems to be a new threat attacking the city, everybody please stay in your homes and hopefully our heroes can come to the rescue." Debbie was now concerned. Her boys were young adults so being out late wasn't really a big deal, but this was.

"The boys haven't come back home, you should look for them. Make sure they are okay." Debbie tells Nolan. Although he'd prefer not to, Nolan just didn't want Debbie to be mad at him. He agreed and went out.

Third Person POV:

Piccolo was spreading mayhem through the city. Killing and injuring civilians along the way. The demon king was enjoying his time until he was tackled from behind. They had a strong hold. Piccolo turns his head to be eye to eye with Invulnerable. While he was attempting to get out of his grasp, Piccolo was hit with a gut wrenching punch by Kakarot. The demon king spat blood. "Why you!" Kakarot starts to walk on Piccolo.

"Okay, Stop!" YN yells, making Kakarot snap out of it. His moments like these were concerning. "We need to seal him away, not kill him." YN continued. The hybrid let go of Piccolo, his body slumped to the ground. "How...how could this have happened? My plan was flawless." Piccolo started to reason with himself. There was no way he could have been defeated that quickly. "You used the dragon balls, the people that you've killed can't be brought back." YN started. He got down to Piccolo's level. "Do you not feel regret?"

Piccolo spat in his face, giving the hybrid his answer. "Very well. Kakarot do it now!"

"MAFUBA!" Kakarot yelled. A faint yellow tint filled his eyes for a few seconds. 'I still need to figure out what that is.' YN thought to himself.

"Good to see you two getting used to this." A familiar voice called out. The Saiyans turn to see Omni Man with a grin plastered on his face. The grin quickly fades, "Now what is this 'mafuba'?"

Once home, Nolan scolds the boys about using a technique. "I just don't understand it. The use of ki is one thing but this? This is just pathetic. It's cheating, you are supposed to fight, not...this!" Nolan had the container with Piccolo inside it. "If we killed him, the dragon balls wouldn't be around." YN tried to argue. "You know what? Good, those things are practically useless. What could you possibly need?" Nolan snapped back. "Don't you think you are being a bit too hard on them? They still saved the city." Debbie says, trying to defend her sons.

Before either of the Saiyans could say anything else, Nolan breaks the seal. "This is not going to end well," YN says. "Come outside with me," Nolan said to the demon king who was confused. "Where am I?" He questioned. "Don't make me repeat myself." Piccolo looks around the room and makes eye contact with the two boys that had humiliated him. Putting two and two togther, he was able to figure out the big tall menacing figure must be their father. The demon did as told and met Nolan outside. Kakarot and YN follow. Debbie shakes her head but doesn't follow them.

Feeling threatened, Piccolo gets into a fighting stance. Omni Man uses his speed to catch the demon king off guard. "Arghh!!" Piccolo yells out in pain. The Viltrumite had sliced his arms clean off. "Dad, you don't have to do this," YN called out.

It was futile. Piccolo regenerates and tries to attack Omni Man. The attacks do nothing, Omni Man was staring into the soul of Piccolo. He put one hand in the air and performed a slicing motion.

A loud thud was heard. YN and Kakarot see the head of Piccolo on the pavement. "You...you just killed Kami. The dragon balls are gone. Do you know what you just did?"

Kakarot's eyes become engulfed in a ferocious yellow. He bursts out his ki and heads straight for Omni Man. All the Viltrumite could do at that moment was stare at Kakarot, both surprised and amused.