Chapter 11: Invulnerable Goes Deep

Under the cold fluorescent lights of a dimly lit room within the Pentagon, Cecil summoned YN urgently. The air was heavy with tension, the gravity of the situation etched into Cecil's stern expression.

Once YN arrived at the agreed location, he found Cecil deep in conversation with a mysterious fish person, their scales shimmering in iridescent hues under the artificial lighting. Beside them loomed an alien ship, an otherworldly vessel meant for travel among the stars and the deep unknown of the universe.

"What's going on here?" YN demanded, his eyes flickering between Cecil and the enigmatic fish person.

The fish person's gaze fixed on YN, a mixture of frustration and urgency in their eyes. "Is that him?!" they exclaimed, their voice an otherworldly echo. "You said you would turn him over to us. We demand you allow us to leave with him now!"

Cecil, his voice steady despite the brewing storm, interjected. "You said you would allow me to talk to him first!"

"Very well, but please make it quick," the fish person replied, their tone laced with impatience. "We must return to our kingdom."

Confusion etched YN's features as he tried to grasp the surreal situation unfolding before him. "The hell is going on?" he demanded, his frustration evident.

Cecil hesitated, his gaze falling upon YN with a heavy burden of knowledge. "Well... This is kind of hard to explain," he began cautiously. "Since the information about your father was broadcast, they have now required us to honor some sort of law their civilization has. We're looking for a way around it... But we weren't able to avoid turning you over to their custody. They want your father... but their law states that since your father is gone, the responsibility falls onto his next of kin."

"Are you trying to say they want to execute me?" YN's voice cracked with a mix of disbelief and fear. "That would be pretty hard to do."

Cecil shook his head. "Of course not. They want you to marry their queen."

"Absolutely not," YN exclaimed, his defiance unwavering.

"You don't have a choice here," Cecil stated firmly, his voice devoid of its usual calm demeanor.

"Says who?" YN challenged, his frustration boiling over.

"Says their law," Cecil replied gravely. "Omni Man killed Aquaris. The killer of a husband is required to marry the widow if a suitable mate is not able to be found. Omni Man is gone, and the responsibility is now yours."

"Damn it!" YN cursed, his anger and helplessness intertwining into a torrent of emotions.

"Sorry, kid," Cecil said, his regret palpable. "Our legal team is looking for loopholes to get you out of this situation."

"Okay, that's good. So I should just play along?" YN's voice wavered, his desperation evident.

"That would be a huge help," Cecil affirmed. "They can't plan a wedding that fast, and it will only take a few hours to get this sorted out."

With a heavy sigh, YN turned his attention back to the fish person. "I'm all yours," he said, his voice heavy with resignation.

He boarded the ship, its surface shimmering with an ethereal glow, and was taken away, leaving behind the world he knew for the enigmatic depths of the underwater kingdom.

In the opulent depths of the underwater palace, YN found himself thrust into a world he couldn't have imagined in his wildest dreams. Clad in the strange apparatus of an A.C.M.G. unit, he ventured further into the palace's heart, escorted by a guard through corridors adorned with iridescent shells and intricate coral designs.