Chapter 15: Bonds Beyond Worlds

(Author's Note: Serious question. Love interest...yes or no? Is yes, give suggestions.)
.
.
.

The following day unfolded with a tentative awakening for the trio

The following day unfolded with a tentative awakening for the trio. YN, roused from his uneasy sleep, found Kakarot lying beside him, his eyes offering a glimpse of consciousness.

"Kakarot... are you okay?" YN's concern echoed through the quiet morning. Kakarot managed a weak nod, a faint smile breaking through the fatigue. "You gotta... teach me Super Saiyan," he uttered, his voice resilient despite the evident strain.

A smirk played on YN's lips. "Of course... we can try."

Mark approached them, a reminder of the challenges awaiting them. "We need to check up on Andressa," he declared.

YN, assisting Kakarot to his feet, guided Invincible towards the cave where Andressa and their brother sought refuge. The cavern became a haven for a moment, a space where the weight of uncertainty hung heavy.

Andressa, anxiously anticipating their return, confronted them with a barrage of questions as they entered. "Where is Nolan? Where is my husband?" she demanded.

"He's gone. They took him," Mark's words delivered the somber truth, casting a shadow over the unexpected journey that now lay ahead.

Kakarot's wounds found solace under the care of the Thraxans, the planet's gratitude apparent in their efforts to heal the foreign hero. Meanwhile, YN and Mark, recognizing the opportunity to make a meaningful impact, devoted their energy to repairing and reconstructing Thraxa's damaged infrastructure.

"There, that will do it," Mark declared, satisfaction evident in his tone. YN, gazing up at the towering beam they had just erected, concurred, "Yup, good as new."

Their contributions did not go unnoticed, and Andressa, the queen, expressed her gratitude. "Very good, you three. This beam will be the support structure for a grand palace. I can't thank you enough for all the work you've done. Without your help, this cleanup would have taken generations, but with your help, I may very well see the rebirth of our great city in my lifetime."

"We're glad to help," Mark replied graciously. "And you don't need to thank us," YN added. "It was the least we could do," Kakarot chimed in.

Interrupting the moment, a Thraxan approached with crucial news. "I apologize for interrupting, Queen Andressa, but you instructed me to inform you as soon as the new space vessel capable of returning the Graysons to their planet was completed. It is now ready," he conveyed.

"Excellent," Andressa responded with authority. "Make the preparations at once. I want the ship prepared for launch before our suns begin their descent."

"Yes, queen. It will be done," the Thraxan assured.

"What do you mean?" Mark's concern echoed through the cavernous room. "We can have the rest of this place built in another couple of weeks. We can't just leave today."