Chapter 19: Not To Be Underestimated

"Apologize for what?" Invulnerable questioned Anissa. "For threatening the life of your mother. That is not how I wanted this to start. But it was a quick and effective way to get you three up here," Anissa explained.

"You three have been designated the Viltrumite agents of planet Earth. What steps have you taken to prepare for the eventual takeover?" Anissa inquired.

"None, we would never do such a thing," Zaru says. Anissa smirked, "You're the Saiyan...Kakarot," she then looked at Invulnerable. "And you are the hybrid. You three have quite the dynamic. I am not here to fight; you three would already be dead."

"Then why are you here?" Invincible questioned.

"To clarify things. I believe you three are under the impression that Viltrumites are warmongers, a race to be feared, opposed, and even destroyed. I'm here to say that you would be mistaken."

"And you think threatening to kill our mother would make us want to help you?" Invincible says skeptically.

"I won't deny there are fundamental cultural differences between Viltrumites and the people you were raised amongst."

"This is crazy. We know how the Viltrumites are! Three of them arrived at Planet Thraxa and killed the inhabitants for the reason of them being 'Weak lower lifeforms!" Zaru shouted. This whole situation was making him angry.

Anissa stared down the Saiyan. "Viltrumites are quick to turn violent. It is something we all struggle with. I'm sure Invincible has experienced this. The same can be said with you, Kakarot. Saiyans were notorious for their little outbursts. As for YN, famed Hybrid of both species, there have been moments of you experiencing fits of unbridled rage and anger, yes?"

YN stayed quiet and nodded in response. "We are not too dissimilar," Anissa says. "We are nothing like you!" Invincible argued.

Anissa sighed, "Perhaps you are right in some ways, but that doesn't change the reality of our situation. The Viltrum Empire is vast and powerful. Resisting them will only bring destruction to Earth. Joining us is a chance to save your planet and, in the process, embrace your true heritage."

"Despite what you know about us and our nature. You are misunderstanding the intent of our drive to conquer worlds. We take them over, yes, and we do take our share of a planet's natural resources but we bring so much to the planet in return. We really do have a lot to offer," Anissa explained.

"Like what?" Invulnerable questions. "Is this planet not riddled with disease and death? Are these people not plagued by violence and war? A Viltrumite occupation would rid them all of that. We would share our technology, and cure diseases. No unsanctioned violence would occur under our rule. We could transform this world into a Utopia," Anissa says.

The heroes were sent a distress call from Cecil explaining a dire situation that was happening not too far from their location.

"We have to go, people are dying," YN says.

"I am aware that you protect these people. If it would convince you that I am compassionate toward these people I will help," Anissa declared.

"Fine. But remember this, we are saving, not hurting," YN says.

"I'll try my best to remember," Anissa sarcastically remarked.

As they flew towards the distress call, YN couldn't shake off the unease about the Viltrumite's true intentions. He knew that Anissa was not to be trusted.

The group arrives to see a giant green sea monster attacking a yacht.

"Holy crap," Invincible says under his breath. "I can hurt the monster, yes?" Anissa asked. "Yeah," Zaru answered.