Chapter 20: The Implications

Location: Viltrumite Prison, Exact Location Unknown

The chaos in the Viltrumite prison was escalating as Nolan wreaked havoc upon the guards and tore through the ship. Amid the destruction, a commanding voice echoed, cutting through the turmoil.

"Stop! That will be quite enough."

Nolan turned to face the source of the authoritative voice and saw General Kregg stepping forward. A sneer played across Nolan's face as he taunted, "General Kregg, I didn't expect you to come down here yourself...consider me impressed."

"You know I wouldn't miss this," Kregg retorted.

"You flatter me," Nolan replied, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

"I've been watching your session from the observation deck. You'll be happy to know you've passed inspection. Your execution is being scheduled now. It's only a matter of time, now. Soon very soon, for the disgrace you've caused us...you will be put to DEATH!" Kregg declared, the gravity of his words hanging in the air.

"The council stated, in order for a Viltrumite to be executed...he must be completely whole and intact, worthy to stand and face the end of his life at full strength. But they said nothing of bruises," Kregg declared, his words carrying the weight of Viltrumite law, as two soldiers forcefully manhandled Nolan. "Take him back to his cell."

"Yes, Officer Kregg, at once," one soldier responded dutifully. As Nolan was led back to his cell, he unexpectedly crossed paths with Allen, who was also on his way to confinement. Allen couldn't resist smirking at Nolan.

"Don't you remember me?" Allen's voice echoed in Nolan's mind. "I do. Why are you here?" Nolan questioned, intrigued by the unexpected encounter.

"We'll talk later," Allen cryptically replied, leaving Nolan to ponder the significance of this reunion as they continued their separate journeys to their respective cells.

Location: The Pentagon

Inside a secured room filled with the hum of electronic devices, Dr. Gero and Cecil Stedman examined an array of androids that Gero had meticulously programmed.

"You did a great job with these androids, Dr. Gero," Cecil acknowledged, recognizing the scientific prowess before him.

"I'm happy to have my work recognized," Gero responded with a hint of pride in his voice.

Their discussion was abruptly interrupted by a worker from the Pentagon. Apologetic but urgent, the staff member stepped forward.

"Sir, I'm very sorry to interrupt, but I thought you'd want to see this right away," the worker said, holding out a tablet displaying footage of Invincible and Oliver engaged in combat against a formidable pair of villains.

Cecil's eyes narrowed as he examined the display. "Yeah? What is it?" he questioned, keenly interested in the unfolding events.

The worker handed the tablet to Cecil, who quickly absorbed the information. A sense of urgency crossed Cecil's face, and he turned to Dr. Gero.

"I need to take care of some stuff. Excuse me, Dr. Gero," Cecil stated, swiftly making his way out of the room to address the developing situation of Oliver developing his powers.

The underground chamber echoed with the clash of hands, reverberating through the dimly lit space as Doc Seismic summoned his seismic forces. Raditz's laughter cut through the tension, his voice tinged with mockery. "What the hell was that supposed to do?"

Invincible, his gaze fixed on the villain, chimed in with a sardonic remark. "Yeah, I remember you packing a bit more punch."

A mischievous grin spread across Doc Seismic's face as he responded to their banter. "I wasn't trying to hurt you. I was just making a call."