Privacy

You stay frozen. You're paralyzed at the chain of events that just occurred in the past minute alone. Your mind gets thrown into a complete frenzy. It's taking all of your mental strength not to pass out or run right now.

"Where did you hear about that?" You remain cautious around this man. You sense no malice from him towards you, but you're not going to risk it.

Especially...Jake was the name of Ms. Hanajima's lover, right? So then he's the one that cut her life before...

"I can explain on the way, but for now, you need to come with me."

"No. explanation right now." You cross your arms sternly across your chest. You fight the urge to glance in the direction of Ms. Hanajima laying on the ground.

Don't even get started with the fact you've utterly failed your mission as well.

"There's really no time. I'm sorry (Y/n). Please forgive me."

In a hurry, he moves to grab your wrist to lead you outside. You dart backwards to avoid his grasp. You place your finger on the trigger of your gun, ready to fire if this guy tries anything again.

"Don't touch me. I don't know you."

For a second, he looks taken aback by your hostility.

"I know, but you have to trust me. If you want to get out of the Port Mafia, we need to move NOW."

Your head is beginning to spin. The cogs in your mind are spinning quickly, attempting to process everything happening.

Hanajima's dead. Fujiwara's also dead. And the guy that killed both is offering to take you away from the life you've been trying to escape from.

"How do I know I can trust you? I have absolutely no reason to do so. Not to mention, you just murdered two people in front of me. Tell me to trust you. I dare you."

He ponders for a moment. A look of distraught is on his face, but he takes the time to think of something to get you to trust him.

"I have nothing as of right now to get you to trust me...but-"

"I won't have any of this then-"

"Let me finish. I really am here on your side, though."

You shake your head.

"Listen. I'm about to pull this trigger on you right now if you don't give me an explanation in 5 seconds."

A look of panic befalls his expression. His eyes dilate quickly as you unlock the safety on your gun for the nth time today.

Five...

Four...

Three...

Two...

One.

Your finger squeezes the trigger. With no remorse, you aim to pop the mystery man's brains. In one blow, there should've been a third corpse for the tiny hospital room. That wasn't the case however.

As soon as you pulled the trigger, you blinked. And when you opened your eyes, the world around you was no longer your own.

The space was expansive. Colorful, yet plain. It was scattered and chaotic at the same time. Your mind drifted to the sight of that Rubik's cube Jake was holding earlier. This space has a design that seems to resemble it. The only exception was a long, seemingly endless spiral staircase leading upward.

You decide to spin around and meet Jake's gaze behind you. Exasperated, he lets out a hefty sigh.

"I really didn't want to resort to this , but here we are I guess...Allow me to introduce myself again. My name is Jake Madison, and I'm here to help you escape the Port Mafia."