1| meet

~ stacy's brother - mad tsai ~

minho woke up in his room, sighing.

he quickly brushed his teeth and went to pick some clothes. he took some regular pants and sweatshirt.
he didn't complicated it, since he wasn't working today.

minho was working at his parents company, as the manager of the V8 department, but today, his parents told him to meet them at the living room when he wakes up.

so he did.

he walked inside the living room, his parents already seated on the couch.

"good morning son, sit down please."

"this looks serious."

"it is very serious."

"are you firing me?"

"why would we do that? you're doing amazing job."

"are you dying?"

"what-? no-"

"am I dying?"

"don't be ridiculous son, just come and sit down."

minho sat down, kind of uneasy.

"so, there is something we needed to tell you."

"okay?"

"well, we've been thinking about our family's future..." minhos mom started.

"...and we believe it's time for you to get married and combine our wealth with some other powerful family's wealth." minhos dad finished the sentence.

minho was drinking his coffee and he spit it out shocked and started choking.

"what did you just say?"

"we arranged you a marriage with Hans family's daughter. you don't know her yet, but we're good friends with her parents. it was actually their idea to marry you guys, and we agreed."
Minhos mom said

"WITHOUT TALKING IT TROUGH WITH ME FIRST?!"
Minho snapped.

he was usually cool, but this pissed him off.

"it's not like you have a choice. they're coming for dinner tomorrow, the whole Han family, and you will finally meet your fiancé."
minhos dad said.

"I can't believe you guys."
Minho said in disbelief and stood up, going to his room.

"honey, is this actually a good idea?"
minhos mom asked his dad after Minho left

"of course. he will learn to love her."
minhos dad said

*•*

minho was so mad.
he was kicking his feet and screaming inside his pillow.

how could his parents do this to him?

he didn't want to marry someone, well, definitely not someone he never met.

do you know the story behind "the red thread?"

the two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. human relations are predestined by a red string that the gods tie to the pinky fingers of those who find each other in life. it's this magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break.

and minho believed, that somewhere, somewhere far away, is the end of his red thread.

and he wanted to marry that person.
he wanted to spend the rest of his life with someone he was meant to be with, not with someone his parents picked for him.

he was getting more and more angry, so he decided to take a walk.

he sacrificed everything for his parents.
he sacrificed his passion.
he sacrificed his dreams.
he sacrificed his pride.

he wasn't going to sacrifice his life.

he took some hoodie and he decided to climb out of his window.
he was pro at this, since he was sneaking out every time he wanted to dance on a field.

he went inside a coffee shop, and got himself a cappuccino with a little brownie.

he sat at the table, letting his anger wash away.

just then, someone walked on a little platform the coffee shop had and sat on a chair, with guitar in his hand.

he sat down, and lightly and carefully started playing.

minho loved the melody, and decided to stay there and listen.

then, the boy started singing.

and minho felt his heart melt.

his voice was so beautiful, so calming and so full of emotions.
it was clear that it was his passion.

minho just sat there, feeling like heaven found his way to him.

the song ended, and the boy moved on a next song.

*•*

minho didn't realize, but he was sitting there for an hour, listening to this kid singing.

he wanted more.

just then, the boy got up and bowed, before leaving to the back, leaving Minhos sight

he sighed and got up.

"you should have asked for his name, dick head."
minho thought.

he returned to his house, climbing back to his room, falling on the bed in exhaustion.

he sighed and fell asleep, with the boys voice in his head.