Epilogue

I dropped the tea bag into the bin, with deliberate slowness.

I had no ambition to do anything today, because the date had turned me into an empty shell.

It had been a year. One whole year since the day of his wedding, since the day I met David, since the day German kissed me again.

And yet, I had heard nothing from either of them.

Me and Violetta spoke, but she would never speak of how the divorce was going, or of David, and I didn't have the energy to press her for the answer.

I'd not even thought of what would happen if either of them turned up, but I was still devastated that neither of them had.

Did the agreement to try to be with them mean nothing?

When I said it to David, I was over German. When I said it to German, I hadn't thought about David.

Were they both over me?
Had they not thought about me?

I'd thought about them. Both of them.

I'd thought about David's smouldering gaze and German's deep brown eyes.

I'd thought about David's fluffy, frat-boy hair and German's slightly unkept style.

In short, I had thought about both of them.

Some days only of one, somedays of them both. It kept me busy.

I took a sip of my tea, closing my eyes as if to shut out the world, when a letter fell through the door. It was only a bill.

Flicking it between my fingers, I opened my door slightly, feeling drawn to look out.

Nothing had compelled me to take such spontaneous actions in the past year. It made me think of him, the one who made me be a totally different version of myself.

Sun shone through the door and I stepped outside, barely closing the door, and into the street.

I felt called to step outside.

I crossed to the park across the street and sat on the bench for just a moment.

Only because, in that moment, I saw those eyes, and sitting was no longer my priority.

Although a year ago, I was attending his wedding, a year later, that date became one with a good memory.

_______________________________

That's a wrap!

Like it's over omg.

Thanks again everyone for sticking with my story despite it being poorly written and totally stupid. I appreciate it!

I hope you like the ending even though you probably didn't want such an ending.

But anyway, onto the next task! I will be finishing twisted now and then hopefully publishing a new book :)

Once again- Thank you!

-Megan