Chapter Twenty-Three: First Gear

"Nooo!!!" ,I shouted and cried as I look at her.

"Mei!!" ,I called her out to heal Taiga. She went to Taiga and tries to heal her. Mei tried multiple times but it's not healing Taiga's wound.

"I'm afraid she can't be healed. I'm sorry." ,Mei said and looked down in disappointment. I looked at Taiga and said,

"You said you'll be careful, aren't you? Please...don't leave me again."

She touched my cheek and smiled. I sobbed and said,

"Why would you go this far for me? Why would you have to save me?"

She leaned her forehead to mine and smiled at me and said,

"Because you're my little sister. You're my one and only family left."

"You're also the only one left." ,I said as I cried.

She slowly patted me in the head and said,

"You have Tatsuya and the others, right?"

"I don't want to lose you!"

"Remember this, I'll always look after you and always be there for you."

I cried and cried and tried to wipe all my tears to stop but this tears won't fade away.

I don't want her to leave me.

She smiled again and looked at me and apologized,

"I'm sorry, A-yu-mi."

,then slowly closes her eyes and falls to the ground.

"N-no." ,I said as I hold my hair in depression. "No! Noo!!"

Vincent grinned wickedly and said, "If your "sister" is not weak, she shouldn't have died." ,and laughed.

"Don't you dare say such things to Captain." ,Mei said and glared at Vincent. Mei pulled out her gun and tries to shoot him but I stopped her.

I glared at Vincent and I clenched my fist and stood up and said, "Nobody..."

"Hmm?"

"Nobody. . ." ,I said again calmly but angrily. ". . .calls her weak."

I closed my eyes when I summoned one of my steel beast, the Black Steel Wyvern. The wyvern roared at Vincent and flapped its wings. 

Black lines formed in my face and created a steel armor around me.
I opened my eyes, revealing my left black eye with a silver pentagram in it, symbolizing the color of the steel.

"This is my first gear." ,I said. "Wyvern Eye."

~~ End of Chapter Twenty-Three ~~