Chapter Eighteen: The Beast Outside of Me

Ayumi
I have to help her.

I ran to her but Vincent's robots gathered in front of me. I pulled out my katana and slices them in half. But there's a robot that is made of aluminum.

Shoot. My katana can't handle that yet.

As I fought to the robot, Taiga releases her tail, The Beast Tail, then points it at Vincent's neck. Vincent slices the tail but it grows back again. That's the power of the Beast. Taiga is one of the ten people that have that much power.

"Taiga!" ,I called her out but she's didn't hear me. I have to help her.

I tried to slice the robot's neck....no effect. I used my shuriken to stab its eyes. It's malfunctioning but it still can attack me. The robot activated its guns and started to shoot me. I dodged and uses my magic. "Prostatëpste mou (Greek)" ,I said and created a shield. The robot continued to shoot.

I looked again at Taiga and Vincent.

Taiga...

Taiga
"GRAAAAAAHHHHH!"

I can't see....anything.

"GRAAAAAAHHHHH!"

What's happening? I can't breathe. I'm attacking someone but I don't know who.

I'm trying to stop but I can't. I kept roaring.

"GRAAAAAAHHHHH!"

I can't see. I can't hear clearly. I can't stop.

Ayumi
She's struggling. She can't move properly but she still attack Vincent with much force.

I have to beat this robot now.

I swinged my katana in a full circle and created a circle of blades and shoots it to the robot. The robot is going to self-destruct. I have to save Taiga.

"MARK! KEITO! MIKOTO!" ,I called out some of my squad. "SAVE THE OTHERS! THE ROBOT IS GOING TO SELF-DESTRUCT!"

Tatsuya
"Tatsuya..."

What?

"Tatsuya!"

W-who?

"TATSUYA!" ,Gideon shouted to me.

"What is it?"

"The robot is going to self-destruct."

"What about the orb?"

Gideon showed a pink orb...its Kotoura's.

"I already got it...Let's go!" ,he said and we ran.

Where's Ayumi?

I looked around for Ayumi. I can't see her.

We're close at the entrance door and saw Ayumi with Taiga.

Ayumi
"Taiga!" ,I called her but Vincent suddenly attacked me. I was thrown at the floor and tried to stand up again.

"We have to go out here now." ,I said and grabbed Taiga's arm.

"Oh, no, you can't." ,Vincent said and shoots us with his magic. It's poison. We dodged and...

Tatsuya
"I have to save them!" ,I said to Gideon.

"We don't have much time!" ,Gideon said and continued to run. "The robot is going to self-destruct in just a few seconds!"

"It's much better to lose my own life than to lose my friends." ,I said and goes to the building and...

It already self-destructed.

I was too late...

No...

I went to the burning building.

"AYUMI! TAIGA!" ,I shouted and looked around. I called them again and again and saw Taiga and Ayumi with wounds, lying on the floor, unconscious. I carried them and went outside. The other robots continued to explode.

I lied Taiga and Ayumi down on the grass and covered their wound with a towel.

"Ayumi..." ,I whispered to her and and hugged her. "...wake up."

She's not answering...the blood's still coming out of her wound. She's not breathing.

"Ayumi...please wake up." ,I said and shook her. She's still not answering. She's not breathing. I put my head in her chest. It's still beating.

I don't have a choice.

I moved my face closer to Ayumi's.

"Please work. Please work." ,I thought to myself and puts my lips on her's I closed my eyes and breathed.

Please work...

She breathed and opened her eyes.

Thank God!

I hugged her and whispered to her, "Are you okay now?" "Y-yes." ,she said and hugged back. She saw Taiga and went quickly to her. I went to Taiga and helped her. She coughed and opened her eyes. "What happened?" ,she said. Ayumi hugged her and cried.

"It's okay now." ,I said and hugged the two. "What happened to Vincent?" "

"He escaped." ,Ayumi said. "I'm sorry."

"But we still got the orb." ,I said.

"Eh?"

"Don't worry." ,I said. "Let's go to the others."

They agreed and followed me.

The mission was successful...but also failed.

We got the orb back but Vincent escaped...

I'm the reason why he got escaped...

I'm not strong enough..

But we're gonna catch him next time...

For sure...

Ayumi
I'm glad Taiga is--

I turned around and saw Taiga collapsed.

She's still not in her normal form.

I carried her and went to others...

The beast...her power...is controlling her...

~~ End of Chapter Eighteen ~~