26

Afterwards, Grayson's head started to hurt so the both of us layed on the couch together. We had been watching a movie about a true crime when I had heard him sniffle. I turned to him and find that his nose is red and that his eyes are watering.

"Gray? Are you crying or sick?", I ask him incredulously and make a move to move away from him. I kneel down and scoot toward the left. He pulls on my leg and tugs me back toward him, me hitting his chest with my back. I shriek,"Grayson you are going to get me sick."

"We can both be sick together", he says like that is a very good idea, his lips pulled up in a wide smile. I turn my body around and place my hand on his chest and push off of him. I get off the couch entirely and say,"I hate being sick. My immune system is kind of bad."

"I know", he says chuckling but then coughing. I move farther from him thearitically and he looks up at me with a soft smile. "You used to show up to class sick almost every other week during the cold seasons."

"And I had wondered how you wouldn't get sick as well", I say remembering the times where we would spent time together in class by each other and yet he wouldn't catch my cold. No matter how many times I had came to class sick. One time I had deliberately coughed by him to check out my theory of him being immune  and....I was right. He was immune to getting sick. It was unfair.

"I have a good immune system", he says making me frown. "You know what?"

"What?", I say taking a seat on the couch opposite of where he is laying. "You need more vitamins."

"No, I don't", I reply back in a grumpy tone and he laughs.

"Vitamin C", he says and I cross my hands over my chest. The girls have headed to their room to do homework which from the sounds of their giggles from down here, they are probably working on a prank. I've noticed in the past hours I've been here today, Lily and Anna love pulling pranks but they love asking Stacie to join in more.

Stacie pretends to dislike it, but I know that she likes it. She likes the way her little sisters find a way to make themselves smile. Nathan is laying down on the couch, watching his iPad quietly. Well he is quiet but the sound from his device is loud  though which when I had asked him to lower it, he only frowned up at me.

So Grayson and I had been trying to watch the movie all while ignoring the sounds from his little brother's iPad. It's been hard but Grayson is used to it, turning on the captions. I guess it's a good thing Nathan's video is so loud to cancel out our movie.

I had told Grayson that it probably wasn't best to watch with Nathan around but he had only pressed Play on the television with a small smile. Sick Grayson was good at using his sickness to his advantage.

I place my hand inside my pant pocket and pull out my phone. There is a text from my mom:

Where are you? I thought you would be coming home from Katie's by now.

I glance at Grayson who had went back to watching the movie and feel bad that I am lying to my mom. Not necessarily lying, just hiding the thruth. So I reply back: Went to see a friend after. Will be back soon.

I put my phone back in my pocket and turn to Grayson once again. "My mom wants me home", I say outloud and he looks up at me. I notice now that he looks so much more exhausted than before, his eyes struggling to stay open.

I cross the distance between us and kneel down beside him by the couch. Placing a hand on his forehead, I say,"Are you getting sicker?"

"I don't know", he mumbles and I feel that his forehead isn't as warm. Not like yesterdays. I place my hand down his jaw and run a finger along the curve of his cheebones.