19

When we get back, it's already Saturday night so I spend the rest of my short weekend reminiscing all my moments with Grayson. How he looked at me. How he touched me. How he held me in his arms. The look in his eyes when he admitted his feelings for me.

I wondered if all that he said was true and if he meant them. I know that it was true for me, somewhere along the way, I started to care about Grayson. Care about him how someone would care about their loved one. The last one scares me. 

"Who are you dressing up to impress?", my mom says when I come down to grab my breakfast to go. I'm wearing white pants with a purple skin tight shirt. It elongates my body perfectly, and I will not admit to anyone that I did a workout yesterday to make this fit extra good and I know that that's not how it works, but at least I feel good today.

I shrug, playing nonchalance and grab a yogurt from the fridgerator. "You remember Grayson? 

"Yeah", my mom says with the biggest smile on her face and I laugh. "Youre excitement scares me", I say and laugh some more. I then turn to her with a smile,"Do you know that he takes care of his younger siblings all by himself? On top of having top grade in our school, and getting into MIT on a full scholarship!", I exclaim.

"Seems like you really respect the boy", she says with a knowing smile and I blush. 

"Well, of course. He is.... I don't know what he is but—"

"You like him", my mom finishes for me and I can't help but nod. She giggles and I groan. But she only giggles harder and starts running off to tell my dad.

"Kyle! Juliette likes a boy", she shouts running through the house and I take that as my sign to leave, grabbing a banana on the way. 

When I make it to school, I find myself looking for Grayson. I usually never see  him until the afternoon, but I saw him today standing amongst a group of friends. He looks behind and finds me staring at him. I threw my hand up and waved at him, and he waved back. I giggle and Grayson grins widely at me.

I'm about to walk back toward the direction of my class but he starts walking toward me. I walk the distance to him and he says,"Good Morning, Julie."

He gives me an once over and I feel myself blush. "You look nice today", he compliments and I tuck in a piece of my hair. Grayson also looks good today, as he does every other day but today I take notice more than before.

He takes a step closer to me and I take that as my sign and place my hands over his neck. His hand immediately go to my waist and even though our hug is short, I love it all the same. I pull away and then check the time on the digital clock on the hallway wall.

"I have to go. I'll see you later?", I ask. Grayson nods and then leans over and presses a kiss to the top of my head,"Definitely."

I giggle and turn around, heading to my classes, my head filled with thoughts of Grayson. Who knew I'd come to like him so much? 

When I walk into the first class we have together, Grayson is already sitting in his seat. I sit beside him and the first thing he says to me is,"Hey, Pretty girl." 

"Hi", I say giggling despite myself. His smile grows bigger and I can't help but smile back, the way he is looking at me makes my heart warm despite the almost October weather. 

"Grayson, I think–---"

"Wanna go out with me?", he asks abruptly and I stare at him with my mouth closed. 

"On a date?"

"Yes", he flashes his white teeth at me and I can't help but nod. Grayson and I hadn't gone on an appropriate date yet unless you count the time we watched the sunrise together. I had counted it, it was a wholesome moment for me. One where Grayson showed me his gentleness toward me.