21

"We are getting you so drunk tonight!", my friend shouts in my ear as we enter the house. It's Halloween, a week after my breakdown and Katie forced me to be here. I was originally going to wallow in misery while watching disney channel halloween episodes but here I am. I am dressed in a batwoman outfit that shows more cleavage than I am ever prone to wear. I hadn't gone Halloween shopping and Katie let me borrow her outfit and the problem is that it's a few years old and my friend has a knack for more revealing clothes. 

I pull up the top of my suit and say,"This doesn't fit." My friend glances over at me and says,"It fits you perfectly." 

"No it doesn't. My boobs are about to fall out", I whisper loudly and my friend pats me on the back. "It makes you look hot. Now we need drinks." She leads me toward the kitchen and when she spots the drinks she pours me vodka. 

"Wait. Straight up?", I ask surprised and my friend nods. "We are going to forget tonight." She says clinking our classes together before downing her drink. I follow suit and close my eyes when I feel the burn at the back of my throat. 

"Oh my God", I shout over the music and my friend nods. "Grayson is old news, baby." I hope she is right, the past couple of days I have been trying to forget him. And maybe him being out of school should've helped, but it didn't. Instead, I only ever worried about him. The side of me that was mad at him overwighed the one that wanted to make sure if he was okay. 

But after being completely ghosted by him for a week, I was done worrying. I didn't want to give him the impression of being worried about him, whereas he couldn't be bothered to send me a singular text letting me know he was okay. 

•••••

I'm flying my hands around in the air as I slowly move my body back and forth to the music. The party surprisingly has good music, ones that make me want to dance. I'm so drunk I don't even bother to pull up my suit when my black lacy bra shows. I feel the music in me as I start moving my hip back and forth when a hand taps me on the shoulder. I turn around, flying my hair past my shoulder to find a girl on the team standing I'm front of me. Her name is either Hailey or heather, I'm not sure they are twins. Twins who I would be able to differentiate on a regular basis. In their costumes they look more alike and with my head buzzing, I can't even place them.

"Grayson's back", she shouts and I move closer to hear her better. 

"Grayson is at the party", she shouts and all the drinks I drank threaten to come up, my heart pounding in my chest. She only nods at me when my eyebrows scrunch up. My head all of a sudden clears and the music deafens out. My eyes automatically search the crowd for the guy who kissed me a week ago and I have yet to see him. I was so hurt to find that he wasn't at school at all. I'm about to turn around to look to the side when I actually feel the need to throw up. 

I press a hand to my mouth and walk away from the dance floor and toward the stairs. My head spins as I walk up the stairs but I make it to the door and barge in, luckily finding it empty. I kneel down to the floor and within a second my stomach lurches and I throw up the contents of my drinks; I had a few. I groan as I cross my legs and the smell stinks up the room.

After a few more heaves, I flush the toilet and go to pull my hair up when a hand beats me to it. I turn around to find two ocean blue eyes staring down at me and it makes my heart hurt. I push him off and he staggers away from me. I put my hair up with my own hand and tie it up with the hair tie on my wrist, thanking Katie for placing it on my wrist. He watches my every movement, his eyes slowly moving, and I dizzily stand up from the floor and head to the sink. I wash my hand and when I finish, I find that he is still staring at me. 

"Why?", I whisper as I wipe my hand on the towel, keeping my face away from him. In the mirror I find that my makeup has started to melt off and the whole top has slid off my chest. I cringe as I pull the tube top up to cover my bra. I wonder how many people have seen it, and that makes me want to cry, more so cringe.