XXXVI: the fleeting things: the ephemeral

as i am going around and strolling and rolling myself into the streets in our town; i continue moving the pedals with both of my feets. i drive slowly, detached from ideas whether i should stop or not. i just pin myself on the linings of the right side of the road—and maneuvered myself into my crumpled mind.

as if i was driving two things.

i've seen many things on my way: the ordinary things we happen to pass by as we drive down in the road. i've seen how the linings diverge the smooth tiles from the road to form a single distance: a single meter. i've seen veridian leafs latching themselves to the lush green trees wandering in every corner of my eyes. how awful for the season of autumn & spring to not come.

oh, it's raining. the dusk is nearly ending. the lamposts are preparing itself to illuminate the streets. i watched the raindrops softly dip on my shallow skin. they're like much of a bubble don't you think? some drops burst in milliseconds before i got to see it with my naked eyes.

a scenery like that in nature seems too ephemeral to watch. the temporary things we only see in a blue moon. the unfolding of sunset dangling on top of the surface of the grand sea between the blue skies. the alternating & flickering lights of the Northern lights. the slow formation of pink cottoncandies in the spinning head of cotton candy machine you observe to kindle a soft and fluffy and sweet cottoncandy you love; oh, such nice nostalgia to remember.

the fleeting things.

the melting of the freezing snowflakes ontop of your palms as the second falls down in the past. the stardust's birth in the vast galaxy and the death of debris of the last fuel of the stars. the gentle sitting of the sun on the surface of the ocean when it's dusk & almost night-time.

the cheerful rays of sunshine that the sun sprinkles into the dawn when the day is rising. the quiet crackling sound of the fire after you craft a fiery flame. the astonishing eclipse we only got to see in centuries but we only see it for minutes.

these transient things are mesmerizing for us to watch. as if these lovely things cannot be repeated nor replicated because we only saw it in short intervals of time. (how i love to set my eyes in slow motion to capture the ephemeral & engrave it on my brain for a lifetime, or maybe for a little while.)

but, why do us humans can't delay nor halt time to watch these ephemeral things sprout color into our eyes and dazzle the tiny bits of our heart?

maybe because we're bound to appreciate every single second running in our lives—or maybe life is too fast, or maybe we're just too slow—for its fragments shared are impossible to catch?

or maybe i should pedal my feet first.

the fleeting things: the ephemeral. von frederick
May 24, 2023