XCV: the way we see details

the way we see details

it's in the details that we often overlooked in a person / the way they brush their wavy hair / their rugged pants covering the sole of their shoes / the footsteps they mark on the ground of the hallway / how slow or fast they walk / how their eyes see people in the crowd / whether they glance at their left or right side or just walk straight not minding anyone / the easiness or heaviness of their breath when they're talking to someone / palms under their sleeves digging on their pantaloon pockets / their lips: red & silky as rose petals in a bright sunny day / their nose: as you watch them calmly & slowly breathe in the air that you also breathe / the way their hands grip the phone / the way their body moves the chair when sitting at the table / the way they raise their hands in motion when they want to ask questions / the way their body swiftly moves in sync with tick-tocks 'til time / grey jackets with black-tainted bracelets / happy smiles beneath the mask with eyes smiling upward / the complexion of their skin / their face: coated with pimples with slanted, arched, thick eyebrows but still you find them lovely / their dominant yet warm aura tailing their back / untethered heart not bound to anyone / gripping fists of consciousness smashing reality / their mind: as you wonder, were they hadn't thought about me when passing bodies in the crowd? / how the corners of their elbows perfectly align with the humps of their shoulders / how they dress nice & fit even on boring days / how their voice substitutes the bridge of your favorite song / twisted necks attached with glancing eyes to look over you / and wonder if they would still see you when the sunrays and moonbeams don't have the light to dazzle & sparkle the shadows shading silhouettes soon in spring on September sixteen / how the small details puncture even your slightest daydream amid reality / their whole face lighting up when they see you / how they had kept the gift wrapper you had given last year behind the zippers of their bag / the scent of their hair and the sweat of their skin after a long tiring day / how you love them even though they didn't love you back.

June 25, 2023
von