HUNK X (Asthmatic) Reader [P7]

"You can't keep your shit to yourself, right?" Min yelled like a professional soprano as she rolled another dried Pustula flower into the basket. Apparently, she had been having an ugly beef with Nea for some time.

"Don't kid me, you know you wanna know what happens in Bubba's ba-"

"I don't give a flying fuck about Bubba's finger-licking chillies at all! He can go knee deep into me and I would still not look at it!"

"Everybody knows you've been calling Bubba a cutie for a long time!" Nea stomped hard onto the ground. Min wasn't losing hers!

"Ew!" She cringed, "Gross! Just gross!"

Before she could continue, however, Nea tossed her beanie at her as she swirled around the thin trees, gyrating around them like she was in her merry-land, "Min and Bubba sitting in the basement, kiss-oh, no, munchi-"

"Bitch, bring it on!"

"Quit it pussy, purr for me!" Nea snickered in response, and another chaotic chase ensued between them.

"You two, can I please get this job done for now!" I called out fiercely, causing the two to come to an abrupt halt, "We have to get these back to the campfire before another trial."

"But there haven't been any in a long time." Nea whined, "It has been going relatively fine, Entity can go fuck itself peacefully while we lounge around. You should try chilling as well."

"I can, but there is a dire need of supplies. Once we get these, I can chill." I gathered another dried up flower and stuffed it into the basket that was already filled to brim.

"It's a sad thing for you." Min mumbled, gently rolling pebbles around with her kicks and a pert winsome hop, "You're always onto some work. Running errands for us and then those fuckers."

"You've been getting foul with words lately."

"Is it that bad?" Nea asked after my snide remark. I could see my nose wrinkling at the expression.

"I can't complain. It is like this."

"I thought you had adjusted." Min asked deliberately, picking up the basket to fathom the weight, briskly putting it down and jogging to me to take mine, "I know it is terrible but I think we all have adjusted to this place."

"I hope it is all about adjustment. I'm seeing more of a settlement here than a temporary accommodation."

Both froze at my fervent comment. Nea stopped fidgeting and came to kneel beside me, putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I don't see any future here. There is no such thing here. And yet, when I walk back to the shacks, I get this sickening illusion of permanence. I don't see shacks, not at all, I see a tiny, tiny village now. There were no shacks here when we had arrived, now there are many people. It's terrifying. There are quarters, and a kitchen now, and a common building, a hall, like it wants us to see that we are living here, not suffering. And worst of all is, I see no dread, but a silent resignation to this."

Min stood silently, looking down at the basket with a poignant look I couldn't understand. it almost felt like she was so overpowered by the arcane hegemonies that she had refused to acknowledge it until now.

"I don't like it here," She confessed ruefully, "But it was always bearable. Now, at least it had been peaceful to some degree. I wouldn't live here forever, but it is a little better than before for some reason."

Nea nodded in agreement, looking down at her hands and cogitating about something, before Min interrupted again. She picked up the basket with the same enthusiasm as earlier.