Vittorio Toscano X Reader X The Knight [P1]

The moment I learnt of this guy's origins and powers, the long awaited story in my head had a character. I have a few requests with me, so pardon me because I have to relieve some burden. Obviously I will take up their requests after this chapter.

~

"What the hell is this place now?" Nea seethed as she scampered across the map, searching for any sign of relative familiarity, her wide fear-stricken eyes soon landing upon me.

"Ancient," I murmured, lost, "Very...old."

"Got any idea about it, (Y/N)?" She asked, crouching towards me, tugging at my sleeves as she gestured me to take shelter underneath a partly broken roof.

"It feels old. I tried...but I am trying not to use much of my abilities lately. I have a feeling my efforts are being sabotaged purposefully by entity. But something feels strange about this place."

"What?" Came from behind us. It was the shrill, slightly shaken voice of Reed, as she staggered slightly, coming from behind me to join us.

"It has to be here for a long time...and yet this place was hidden from us. It is not new."

"The place looks old, like there is a scaffold there. It no longer exists in our time line, for there is no use for it." Mikaela pointed at the scaffold behind us, then pointing at the large exist gates built of stone and iron bars. The arch resembled the architecture of olden times.

"Very...Medieval."

"That's what I thought!" Nea and Mikaela beamed up at my reference, shushing themselves immediately afterwards. It didn't take them long to come to realization, and their excitement soon turned to apprehensive anxieties, their strength dwindling with fear.

"I know we all know what it means." I suggested, taking their hands and leading them to the shack. The reddish hue of the mist was not rising, and yet, when crouching to that level, it seemed to have no odour, but it was harder to breathe in it.

"Speaking about us, where is the fourth one?" Nea inquired as she peaked behind her shoulder, seeing nothing strange out of the ordinary except the tantalizing view of a lost era, "Fuck yeah! The place is terrifying but damn, I love the style. I wish I was born in this world. Imagine us vandalizing all the stuff."

"Very interesting." Mikaela scoffed, "Imagine getting slayed...or even worst, executed. Don't forget about the tales of those hangmen. The guillotine?"

"Yeah-Yeah, whatever." Nea pattered on, "I hope it's not Bill though. My old man will have it all over the place without his cough syrup."

"Nea, leave the old man alone." I sighed, the youngster was full of charisma and vitality, "If it is truly him, then I must go and at least check. Bill is lately not in good shape."

"Are you sure you can?" Nea asked, raising a brow quirkily, "I am the sneaky bitch, I must do this!"

"Last time you pulled your trick up in a new place, you were getting eaten alive by Bad Nemo's zombies!" Mikaela perked up, perkily pointing her finger guns at Nea, who only stuck her tongue out at her.

"Don't encourage her, Reed!" I yelled, chiding the obviously energetic lady, "I need you two to keep your guards up. A new place means a new threat. I'll go confirm who's the fourth guy, and bring the person to safety. Meanwhile keep your eyes and ears open wide."

"Sure! I'll keep them wide open until my sockets feel bare." Nea mumbled, earning her a soft tap on the back of her head, making her stick her tongue out at me next. Good thing, she was on my good side.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It had been at least a minute of me wandering around the place, trying to find the fourth member. It was big, and even though there seemed enough amount of light around the place, the red mist was obscuring most of the view. It had to do something with the vision, because the thickness of the mist often rose, like a pulse, as if the mist was alive, and settled down, like a wave.