Competition

-Dylan-
Sophie and I get in our costumes. We walk out.
"Yes! Finally the costumes I actually want!"
Well, I guess Amy didn't allow things.
"Sophie, come here."
She walks to Alex. Alex puts the jewels that were on my eyes on hers. She puts white and a light blue eyeshadow. Then marks her skin with white and blue as well.
"Dylan."
I walk over. She puts fake red eyelashes on my eyelashes. Then puts a fiery color eyeshadow on my eyes and marks me up as well.
"Perfect!"
Sophie and I look at eachother.
"Sweet!"
We laugh. My mom gets a picture of us before we head out.

-Max-
I walk into the dressing room. Dylan and Sophie are taking pictures. I look over and I see Dylan messing around. She looks beautiful in her costume. It looks great.
They walk out of the dressing room to head on stage.
They nail it.

Before the group. Dylan sits waiting.
"Hey Dylan."
"Hey."
"You ready?"
"I am."
"Crystal here I'm guessing?"
"I don't know. I didn't see her this morning when I left."
"Oh. Well, can I tell you something?"
"Sure."
"I lied to you. I have two older brother one younger sister."
"What?"
"I have an older brother in the Navy right now."
"What? Why didn't you tell me?"
"I don't tell a lot of people okay. Today's his birthday. That's why I told you."
"Oh. Well, I'm here for you. My uncle was in the Army for a few years. I know what it's like."
"Thanks."
"Yeah. No problem."
I smile. She smiles back.
We head out and perform the group.

Awards-
"Okay. Junior solo. Third place goes to, Kimmy." We clap. "Junior duets. First place goes to. Dylan and Sophie with fire!" We clap again. "Junior groups. First place, drum roll please." We drum roll. "Help!"
We all jump up.

A girl walk out and does the other awards.
"Now, I know we have done all the awards. But, there's another award we will like to present. There's a dancer here who has a family member over seas right now. But, that member is back."
Not mine I know that. I talked to him today. I hear footsteps on the stage. I hear someone scream. I've been looking down the whole time. That scream shows its not Kyle. Someone walks past me, then back. He bends down next to me.
"That how your going to treat me?"
I look up.
"What?"
I focus.
"Kyle!"
I stand up and hug him. That's when I realize that scream was Izzy. Not someone else. Should have known that.
"What are you doing here?"
"Watching you of course."
"But it's your birthday. Shouldn't you be out celebrating and not here."
"Your the best celebration I want. And is that Dylan next to you?" He asks quietly.
"Yeah." I whisper.
"I see what you mean bro. See what you mean."
"shut up. She's mine."
"I know."