Bars

-Dylan-
I walk to the bars first thing when I get to the studio. I strap on my grips and jump up. Handstand on the top. And swing to the other bar.
"Hey, don't fall."
I look down. Max.
"Real funny."
"Your early."
"Always am. I could say the same to you."
"Always am."
I twist over the bar.
"How do you do that?" He asks.
"Easy."
I flip off the bar for a land.
"But seriously, how?"
"I don't know. I just do."
"Doesn't that hurt?"
"not once you do it for a while"
"Oh."
I walk to the floor. Max follows me. I warm up on floor.
"Holy crap."
"oh, this is just warm ups."
"Oh my god."
Someone walks in then. I turn and look. Mika.
I walk off floor and walk upstairs. I will never be down here when she's there. Never.
"Dylan."
"Leave me alone."
I run into the small room.
"Dylan!"
He walks in.
"Why'd you leave?"
"I don't need to tell you that."
"Is it Mika?"
"Like I said, I don't need to tell you."
"Oh come on Dylan."
"Not happening."
I look at the clock. 4. Time for class.
I walk in the big room. Alex looks at me.
"What's wrong Dylan?"
"Nothing."
"You sure?"
"Yeah. I'm fine."
"Okay."
A few minutes later we're all in the big room. Max must be joining us again.
"Okay. Now that Max is with us for another week. He is in line. So, here we go."
"Kimmy, you did not have an extra last week. But you do this week. Jess, you got second in your solo. Nice job. Dylan, your duet was awesome! You were great in the group. Nice job. Second, Max. You led the group and you had the duet. Nice job. And top, Sophie."
We all clap.
"Sophie you looked great in the group. Awesome on your solo and brought home that win. Nice job."
We all clap.
"Now, for this week. I have a duet, one solo, and a group. But, I may add another solo. Unsure. As of now, the solo is going to Kimmy."
We all clap.
"The duet, is going to Dylan and Sophie."
We high five eachother.
"And then the group. Kimmy, your solo is called Drop. Dylan and Sophie, your duet is called Fire and Ice. And the group is called Help. Dylan and Sophie first please."
Everyone leaves but us two.
"Okay. Fire and Ice is about two different people fighting against eachother. But fire obviously wins in this fight. You guys get to pick who's fire and who's ice."
We look at eachother. We can't choose.
"Just choose for us."
"Okay then."
She looks at us.
"Dylan, fire. Sophie ice. Because Dylan has the dark hair and Sophie has the light hair."