Back at it

-Dylan-
I'm make dancing now and I'm in the group dance this week but that's it. The dance is about us always having each others backs and it's called Lean. I'm glad this will be my first dance because these guys had my back the whole time through my recovery. I couldn't ask for better because they are the best.

I have a new friend at school names Jay. She's really nice and it's good to have a friend who's not in dance and can just talk during school and things like that.

It's been a few weeks into school now. But there's a problem. Jay hasn't been to school in about two weeks and hasn't been responding to me.

During dance I was only in the group because I had the lead part. This group is about that one girl everyone wants to be. For some reason, i thought of Jay. Our parents now watch us if they want and my mom has every day and helps me correct myself at home.
During the group I lost it. I was in a turn and my emotions kicked in. I stopped and tried to calm down but couldn't so I ran out and into the wait room.
Alex walked in a few minutes after.
"You okay Dylan?"
"I'm sorry."
"It's okay. What's wrong Dylan?"
"My friend at school hasn't been there for about two weeks now and she isn't responding to me at all."
"Did something happen?"
"I don't know. I just wish I knew."
"I know. But practice is over. Go flip on floor or something."
"okay. Thanks."
"yeah."

After competition which we got first in by the way. I was in the dressing room and my phone went off. I looked and it was Jay. Her text said:
I need to talk to you ASAP.
I told my mom and we left. Jay and I met at the park.
We hugged when we first saw each other but she pulled away after a little bit. I looked at her.
"Dylan, I feel like I've been lying to you."
"Why?"
"because I have. I haven't been telling you something when I should have."
"What?"
"I'm not going back to school Dylan."
"Why?"
"Since about a year ago, I was diagnosed with."
She stops. She grabs her hair and takes it off. It was a wig.
"I was diagnosed with stage 3 brain cancer. They gave me 18 months to live."
Tears filled my eyes and I hugged her.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you."
"It's okay. It's fine."
I could feel her start to cry then too.
"Your going to have a time of your life. I know you will."
"Okay."