Comp

-Max-
We have group first. I have a white shirt on with black pants along with Adam. The girls have a black skirt and a black crop top. I see Dylan grab a cough drop. Everyone knows she's sick just she doesn't want to admit it.
We head out and rock the group.

Dylan and I head out for the duet.
"Act number 135, Max and Dylan with Shut Up and Dance."
We walk out. She puts one hand on my shoulder and the other in my hand. I put my other hand just above her waist. The music starts. Dylan steps back, I grab her head and then it toward me. She looks at me and puts her hand to my lips. I spin her.
3/4 of the way done. I have to slide her under me, let go and lift her over my head. We've nailed it in all the practices. I slide her under and let go. I lift her up. When she's up she slips from my hands and she falls but I catch her in a tip back. Covering it. I lift her like I'm supposed to anyway and spin. She looks at me. That's when I know she's hurt. It has to be her foot, leg something! Crap! But I just keep her off it and cover it. After I put her in a straddle and walk off casually. I put her on the rail for a second.
"you okay?"
"My foot."
She tries and stands on it but she can't. I lift her and get through the crowd.
"Sorry. Sorry." I say as I work my way through the other dancers waiting. Alex runs to us. Dylan puts her head on my shoulder. Covering her face.
I've got you.
"Max, what's going on?"
"Her foot. She must have landed on it weird."
Alex opens the door to the dressing room. I put her on a chair. Dylan doesn't look up. She just looks down.
"Max, go get her mom, now."
I run out and into the audience. I walk then but fast. I find her. I bend down next to her. Crystal looks at me and waves. I wave back. Her mom looks at me.
"We need you." I say quietly.
"what?"
"Dylan landed on her foot."
She gets up and we fast walk then run to the dressing room. She goes next to Dylan. She looks up at her and wraps her arms around her. This can't be good. Alex grabs me and pulls me out the door.
"You need to tell Adam and Emily to not come in here."
"Is she okay?"
"She's fine. No broken bones just maybe some bruising that's it."
"Well I feel like it's my fault."
"Just, go and tell them, please."
I do.