Fight

-Dylan-
I walk downstairs to the basement. Crystal sits on the beam.
"Hey." I say.
"Hi."
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing. I'm just thinking."
"Well, what are you thinking about?"
"I don't know. I'm just thinking."
"Crystal! Get your butt up here!" Mom yells.
"Is it mom?"
"A little."
"Well, just go up there okay? I'll be up there too."
She walks upstairs. I walk up a minute later.
"Your room is a mess. Go pick it up."
"Sorry." She says and she walks into her room.
She walks out a little while later. I grab an apple and cut it up. Crystal goes and grabs a Snickers. Mom looks at her.
"Crystal. A Snickers?"
"Yeah."
"Why can't you be more like your sister." What? That hurt me let alone her. "Be neat, eat healthy."
"Mom, I'm 15! She's 9! There's a difference!" I say.
"Still. She at least should eat healthy."
"She had two pieces of watermelon after school mom. I think she's fine. And besides, look at her."
She's skinny. Which is a good thing.
"Still. I don't see you eating like that."
"Because I'm an athlete mom. I have to. You know that. When I was her age I ate like that. Have you not seen what kids her age eat?"
"Still."
"Be happy she is eating and not starving herself."
Crystal looks at me. Her eyes are filled with tears.
"Doesn't matter. She should be more like you."
Crystal drops her Snickers and runs upstairs. I hear her slam her door.
"What is this about? She's not me!"
"Maybe she should be."
"Sorry that she's 9. Sorry that she is different then me. We're two completely different people. She can eat whatever and not gain a pound. I have to eat healthy. I'm a hard working gymnast and dancer. I have to be healthy."
"She should be too."
"She is! She had a Snickers and you freak out."
She stays quiet. "You know. It really pisses me off that you don't care that were different. And you want her to be just like me. Well, look at her. We're different. So knock it off."
"Language."
"Oh come on. Once in my life."
"I don't like your attitude."
"Right. And you want her to be just like me. Maybe if you would read my mind you wouldn't want her to. And whatever. I'm not hungry anymore anyway."
I walk upstairs. I walk into Crystal's room.
"Go away! This isn't Dylan's room."
"I know it's not."
She looks up.
"Oh. Sorry. I thought you were mom."
"No." I walk next to her. She wraps her arms around me. "Don't listen to her. Your fine just the way you are. We're different. Your Crystal, I'm Dylan. There's a difference. Don't let anyone say that to you. I'll always have your back."
She leans against me. She grabs my necklace. The one Max gave to me a few weeks ago.
"I love you."
"I love you too. I've got to go do homework but I'll be back later."
"okay."
"Stay strong monkey."
I walk into my room. My mom walks in. I open my math book and start to finish it. She clears her throat.
"May I help you?"
"What is your problem today?"
"My problem? What's yours? You just told your daughter to be just like me."
"Maybe she should."
"How could you say that!"
She stays quiet.
"Oh my god. What's wrong with me!"
"Don't play that game with me."
"I seriously just told her to be like you?"
"Yeah. You actually yelled at her. And me."
"I'm so sorry. I just, I don't know what's going on."
Mom has been acting different lately. Something's up I just don't know what.
She walks into Crystal's room and apologizes. I walk downstairs and put my stuff on the hook since I'm finished.
I seriously don't know what's going on with mom. I really don't know.
I go and take a quick shower and head back downstairs. I get a snack and head to bed.

-Emily-
I just want to say a few things. Dylan and I are losing our friendship. I can feel it and sense it. I don't want it to end. I know I was mad when she won but she's a better dancer then me. She always has my back. She had my back with Sophie. She has my back in gymnastics. And I don't want to lose her. I can't lose her as a friend. She's too nice and I won't be able to get through the day without her. She helps me with my dances. She even learns them with me sometimes and helps me improve. She's one who I want to be with forever. She has Jay and I love Jay like a sister like I do Dylan. And I can't lose her.

-Dance- Emily-
"Okay guys. I have no solos this week. I have a duet, and a group. The duet is going to Dylan and Emily."
We look at each other. We hug. Thank God.
"You two, let's run through it."
We stay as everyone else goes.
"I have two very skilled dancers here right now. And two best friends. This dance is called Best Friends Forever. What the song is about is that friend having your back. And you two have that. Let's run it."
This song is so pretty. This is going to be great.

-group- Emily-
The group is really good too. Jay has the lead. She is playing a lost girl who's alone on the streets and we find her and help her up. It's called, Lost and Found.

-dance-
Dylan and I are about to go on stage. I hug her. We link arms and get ready to walk out. We walk out together. I hear the team scream. Dylan walks to the front and sits down. I stand in the back right behind her.
The music starts and I just focus on the counts and the song.
When we walk out, Dylan does something I never expected. She hugged me and didn't let go for a little while. That's what I want. I want to keep this forever.