Competition

-Dylan-
I get in my costume. It's a yellow and orange dress. I walk out into the side room and look in the mirror. It's actually really pretty. I walk out. Alex smiles.
"I knew it would look good on you."
I smile. My mom puts my hair up into a ponytail. I do my make up as well.
I run through my dance on the side.
I see Emily walk out in hers. It's a pink party dress. It's also pretty.

We walk back stage. I shake my hands out. Emily is first. Don't watch the dance. Don't watch it. Just like Alex tells you. Don't watch any dances before you.

I walk out. The Sun Is Rising starts. I get lost in the music.

-Mary-
I'm watching Dylan and just listening to her song. I think this really fits her with the way she sees life. To keep going. It will be over soon. She goes into her turn. That's when I lose it.
That's my girl up there dancing her heart out. Sandy looks at me. She smiles. Dylan finishes.
We all walk back into the dressing room.
Emily walks in. She seems mad. I know why, she messed up on a part in the middle and got off beat.
"Emily." Alex says.
"I know."
"It was great you just fell out in the middle."
"I know."
She goes and changes.
Dylan walks in. Alex calls her over. She hugs her.
"You made me cry. Don't do that."
Dylan laughs. She wears a big smile on her face. I love seeing her happy.
She goes to change for the group. We're performing Rockstar since we didn't get to and now that Jay is here we can with the right amount of people. Perfect!

The team head backstage and we head back to the audience. They perform awesomely.

-Awards- Emily-
I know I messed up on my turns and the song a little bit but I still think I can get a first place finish. I don't care what anybody thinks.
"Junior solos. Third place goes to."
I wait. I hold Adam and Jay's hand.
"Emily with Party!"
Third. Oh come on.
"Second place goes to. Hannah with Fear. And first place, goes to."
Dylan puts her head down.
"Dylan with Rising Sun!"
She jumps up smiling.

"For Junior groups. First place goes to. Rockstar from Dream Dance Studio!"
We all get up.

We walk back to the dressing room. How did I get third place. Dylan gets the time. Dylan gets the costumes. Blah blah blah blah.