Night

-Dylan-
I lay in my bed just staring at the ceiling. My door opens. Someone crawls in my bed.
"Dylan?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I stay with you?"
"why?"
"Because I want to."
"Fine."
"So, how's dance going?"
"Good."
"How's Max?"
"He's fine. Why?"
"You like him don't you?"
"What do you know about it? And no. I don't."
"You sure Dylan? You can tell me. I won't tell mom or dad. Just between me and you."
"Fine. Maybe a little."
"do you have a duet with him this week? Huh? Huh?"
"Yes. I do."
"Yay! Do you think he likes you?"
"Well, since right before he did his solo he looked at me and smiled."
"Oh! I feel the love!"
"What do you know about love?"
"I don't."
"What I thought."

-Max-
I sit on the edge of my bed. What am I going to do? Do I ask her out? Do I take her on a date? Do I what? I've dated other girls but she is different. I think she got the memo that I like her but I don't know if she really got it. So, I don't know what to do. I lean back. Well, screw this. I'm just going to let things roll when they roll.

I walk into work on the duet. Dylan isn't there yet. Where is she? She's usually right on time.
Ten minutes later. Alex walks in.
"Okay let's get- what? Where's Dylan?
"I don't know."
"Come on."
We walk downstairs. She's not in the gym, locker room, anywhere. Where is she? Half hour after class starts. She's still not here. And I'm starting to worry.
"Where is she?" Alex asks.
"I don't know."
Alex walks to her office. Just then I see Dylan running to the door. She opens it.
"Alex! She's here."
Dylan runs in. Alex walks over.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah. Sorry I'm late. I slept in late."
"It's okay. Now come on. Let's nail that duet." Alex walks upstairs. I look at Dylan.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah."
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
"Okay. Then let's go."
We walk upstairs.
Dylan walks in first.
"Ready?" Alex asks.
We both nod.
We run through it a few times. Class finishes and Alex leaves to teach another class. I walk down the steps. Dylan is on the beam. I watch her for a second. She turns over. She seems off. She handsprings but slips. She hits the mat. But she gets back up. She is definitely off. She gives up after a while and goes to floor. She flips easily but she lands hard. She back handsprings and lands find. She cartwheels to the wall. She leans against it. I walk to the lobby but still watch her. She still stands leaned against the wall. I hear her cough. I walk out.
"You okay?"
"Yeah." She coughs again.
"I don't think you are."
"I am. I promise."
Her phone goes off. She grabs her bag.
"My moms here. See you tomorrow."
"Okay." She leaves.
What is going on? I hope she's not getting sick. We need her.

-Dylan-
I walk to my room right away. I shower and head to bed. I'm beat.