Next competition

-Dylan-
We have three solos. Me, Emily, and Adam. Then the group.

-Awards-Mary-
All the dances for Dream were awesome. It's going to be tough.
"Junior solo. Fourth place goes to, Emily! Third place goes to, Adam! Second place goes to. Dylan!"
Alex looks down. Everyone looks shocked.
"Dylan with a second?" Alex says.
"I don't know."
"First place goes to! Sophie!"
Dylan looks. Her stays strong but I know she is breaking.
"Oh no." Alex says.
This is destroying Dylan. She's smiling but I can see it in her eyes. They sit back down.
"Junior group. First place goes to. Dream dance studio with Follow!"
They stand up. We walk into the dressing room and wait. Everyone stares at me.
"She'll be fine."
We wait.

-Adam-
Emily puts her arm around Dylan. Who's this Sophie person?
Dylan walks into the dressing room.

-Mary-
Dylan walks in.
"Hey." We all say.
Dylan keeps her head down. She sits down and tries to relax. I walk to her.
"Hey, it's okay. Seconds good."
"It's not the second! It's who I got beat by!"
Poor Dylan.
"I'm sorry honey."
I hug her. Someone knocks on the door. The door opens. Alex turns. Someone with short brown hair stands there. Then Sophie shows up.
Dylan tenses.
"So, we beat you finally." The woman says.
"Yeah we did." Sophie says.
That girl is a snot. That's what she is.
Dylan stands up.
"Really? Did you?"
"Yeah. First place. And where are you? Second. Oh yeah."
"Did you though? No. Not really."
"Look at the trophy sucker!"
Dylan walks to her.
"It's not about the trophies. The titles. It's about how you take it! Second place is good. Because it makes certain people work harder."
"No need if you can win."
"Sometimes you've got to win. And if I got beat by you, thanks for making me work harder. Thanks."
"Your welcome."
"Want to know something. You don't have the skill we have. You can dance with your feet and it doesn't matter. But if you dance with your heart, then it does matter. Dance is a part of my life and I'm not going to stop because of a little loss by someone who's not a true dancer."
"Sure. I know you get extra time for dance. There's no way you can do gymnastics and be a dancer."
Jay gets up.
"How would you know?"
"Because I've saw it."
"Dylan, is this that girl?"
She nods.
"Good. Because I'm going to destroy her!"
"No. Don't Jay. She's not worth it. She an arrogant little girl." Dylan says.
Jay steps back.
"Little? I'm pretty sure I'm older then you."
"It's not age that I'm talking about. It's maturity. And obviously, your still in middle school."
Dylan. Be careful.
"I don't care."
"Alright. Then next time we go head to head. Stop by the dressing room before. I'm going to kick you butt! And don't go easy. Bring it."
"Oh please."
"And give me your all. Because I will win. I will beat your butt down to the ground because I don't give up. I work hard. And beating you, that will make me work harder."
"Alright. I'll see you next time then. Good luck."
She leaves. The team crowds around her.
"That was awesome!"