Training

-Max-
Dylan and I have both made it to nationals. We have a duet and both have solos. Super excited to go and have some fun.
Dylan has mastered her solo so she's messing around on bars. We have about a week till Nationals anyway so we're good.
Dylan swings to dismount. Alex turns.
"No! Your feet!" Alex yells but it's too late. Dylan hits the mat. She gets back up though.
"Dang it!" She says.
She goes to beam. She just messes around there.
"We need more people here Max. We need them bad. More Junior dancers willing to dance lyrical."
I think.
"I can get the word out if you want for next season again. Since we have off for summer."
"Would you? Really?"
"Yeah. I agree. We do need more then four people."
"Awesome! Thank you Max."
"Yeah."
She heads upstairs for her next class. Dylan jumps off the beam. She sits on the floor and stretches.
"You okay?"
"Yeah. Just stiff."
"You sure?"
"Yeah."
"Okay. You know you could tell me."
"I know."
Dylan looks at the clock.
"Well, I got to go. Crystal has a game that can get her into the playoffs and she asked me to be there. See you tomorrow. Text me okay?"
"Yeah."
She puts her stuff in her bag. She throws on some sport shorts and a Dream t-shirt. She walks out and gets in her moms car.
Man I wish we could spend more time together. We've been together for about a month and a half and we hardly see each other out of dance anymore now that I don't race.

-Dylan-
We head to Crystal's game. I see the blue and white jersey with the 18 on it. Her birthday is the 18th of December so it makes sense.
She's playing goalie a lot now which makes her happy. Her team is green so she wears the blue goalie jersey. Her long brown hair in a high ponytail. We walk next to my dad. Crystal sees me. She runs to me.
"Can you braid my hair?"
"Sure." She sits in front of me. "French? Normal? High?"
"High please."
"Two hair ties?"
She hands them to me. I put a side braid on top and pull it up into a high ponytail. I braid the ponytail. She hugs me and heads back to the team.
They start. Crystal stands in the goal. She looks really hyper and excited. My dad sits on the top videoing the game like he always does. Why? No idea.
Half way through they are tied with 8 goals. Crystal is doing awesome.
"Come on Crys." I yell.
With 3 minutes left. They are at 11 to 10. Our team is winning. It's the other teams ball. They fight in the middle to get it to a side. Someone takes it and passes it to the other side. Crystal watches every move.
One minute left. They bring the ball closer to Crystal. They pass it to the goal. Crystal dives and saves it just as the timer sounds. The team runs to her. They're going to playoffs! Yes!
After they meet as a team Crystal runs to me first. I grab her.
"That's my girl!" I say. "You saved that final shot! Nice job!"
She hugs me.
"Thanks."
I put her down.
"I say movie marathon tonight in my room. Whatever you want." I say quietly. "Just you and me. No one else."
She looks at me.
"Cars?"
I look at her. I shake my head.
"Then, Frozen!"
"Sure."
We head home and we both shower quick and head to my room to watch Frozen.

•••
Seriously think no one reads my stories but oh well.
-K