Run!

Her left side is throbbing but she can't stop, she has to reach the gate. Dodging another shot taken at her, Rosalie looks back and returns fire, hitting something. Her feet never falter, she just keeps running.

This has been her life for the last five years. Some days are calmer, days where she can actually thank her lucky stars that she is still alive and being able to breathe, but others... Well, others are spent like this, running from someone and trying to stay alive.

Over the last five years, Rosalie has seen and done things she never thought she would. She had to adapt if she is going to survive long enough to make it back home. Home, that seemed like such a distant concept now. It may take some time, but she will make it back somehow.

Her left side starts throbbing again, bringing her back to reality. Taking a few more shots over her shoulder, she can see the gate in the distance. All she needs is to buy enough time to dial the DHD and make it through the gate.

Pushing her body to the limit, she runs as fast as she can, reaching the DHD. She knows they are close behind, so she dials the first address she can remember, not having enough time to check her list of addresses for another.

A shot barely misses her leg and she knows she's running out of time. Rosalie sees the gate stabilizing and makes a run for it, throwing herself through. When she lands on the other side, she doesn't wait to see if someone's coming after her.

Taking off running, she reaches the treeline and hides, watching the gate. From where she is, she has a clear line of fire, so if anyone decides to come after her, all she has to do is aim and shoot.

The gate closes and Rosalie finally takes a deep breath. "That was too damn close.", she thinks before looking down to her side. She knows she needs a healer, even if she could stitch the wound herself.

Unfortunately, she had used the last of her medical supplies a few days before to stitch her arm up and was trying to get more when they decided that she wasn't to be trusted and tried to kill her. Now Rosalie is left with an open wound and nothing to stitch it up with.

Standing up, Rosalie starts walking, looking for any signs of civilization. She starts to feel the effects of the adrenaline wearing off and her body shutting down. Looking down again, she sees she's losing blood fast and then...

Nothing. Darkness encompasses her sight and her body stops responding, leaving her laying on the forest floor, near a beat down path. Now, her only hope is for someone to find her before she dies of blood loss.