A Moment Of Peace

Rosalie is sitting on the bed and takes a deep breath. For the first time in years, she can actually relax and breath easily, not having to worry if she's going to be attacked at any moment.

Looking around the room she's in, she is sure that she's in Atlantis, the architecture of it being exactly like what she had seen in the multiple schematics they had sent back to Earth, all those years ago.

Rosalie hears the doors open before her and she sees Dr. Weir, who she is quick in recognizing due to having seen her before, finally matching the voice she had heard earlier to a face, and the shorter man she had met before, accompanied by two Marines. It is only then that she makes the connection: the shorter man is Colonel Sheppard, head of the military contingent in Atlantis.

-"Hello. I'm ..."

-"Dr. Elizabeth Weir, head of the Atlantis expedition. I was there when you made first contact with Earth. And the gentleman behind you must be Colonel Sheppard." - Rosalie says, smiling at both, receiving a smile from them in return. - "I'm sorry, I interrupted you."

-"That's alright. May I ask how do you know so much about Atlantis?"

-"Well, ever since that first transmission, Daniel, I mean, Dr. Jackson and I studied everything we could get our hands on regarding Atlantis, as well as all the information you sent. Because of that, I can read and translate Ancient with the same accuracy I can with Goa'uld. On top of that, and thanks to the schematics that were sent, I also have a pretty good understanding of their technology."

-"I have to admit, I'm impressed. Dr. Beckett is currently confirming your genetic profile, as protocol demands."

-"I understand. I'll do whatever you need me to do, Dr. Weir. I just want to go home." - Rosalie tells her, tears filling her eyes. - "I'm sorry. It's just... Being this close to actually being able to go home, is a bit overwhelming."

-"We can understand that. One more thing. You'll need to go under an extensive psych eval, and if you pass that and Dr. Beckett confirms your identity, then I believe we can send you home."

Rosalie has completely forgotten about the psych eval. It is protocol, sure, but she is kinda hoping she doesn't have to tell them everything that happened to her, especially while she was with Am-he, something she really isn't looking forward to do. Maybe she can give them the "highlights" and that will be enough to get her through.

-"Will that be a problem?" - Sheppard is the one who notices the change in her posture when Elizabeth mentioned the psych eval.

-"No, it's just... I'm just not to eager to relive some things that I went through. But I'll follow protocol. It'll be fine."

-"Very well. Dr. Heightmeyer will come by shortly to talk to you, alright?"

-"That's fine. And Dr. Weir? Thank you."

Rosalie watches Weir, Sheppard and the Marines leave, as she lets out a breath, knowing full well that this is about to get a whole lot messier for her.