𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

July 1st,2031

Mia's POV

Today is the first day of my trial, it's should last a week minimum well if everything doesn't go as planned. If everything goes how Haylee planned it the trial would only be a day and we'd get the sentence next week or by the end of the week if we're really lucky.

I honestly don't care how long I stay in here. I'm mentally exhausted from the outside life, I'm just doing this for the kids. I was in my own prison anyway.

Was I nervous? No.

But am I uncomfortable with the idea of my business being streamed on live television to justify a murder I didn't commit for a girl who cheated on me for seven months? Yes.

To make matters worse I had to pretend we didn't break up, to everyone she's my fiancé.

After the prosecutor delivered his opening statement, it was finally Haylee's turn. She presented her opening statement and then settled back down next to me.

"You okay?" Haylee asked, and I simply nodded. That's when I noticed the prosecutor rising from his chair, making his way towards the bar.

"I'd like to call out my first witness," he stated. "Tamisha Williams."

"Great" I muttered under my breath, as Tamisha approached the stand. After swearing on the holy bible, she took a seat.

She ain't got no sense of decency.

"Misses Williams you are Michaela Jackson's aunt correct?" He questioned.

"Right, she's my brother's daughter." Tamisha confirmed, her gaze shifting towards me.

"During the period from February 20, 2020, to March 2nd, 2022, Michaela Jackson lived with you because she was orphaned on December 30th, 2019, is that correct?" he asked.

"Yes, I am her only family left." She stated.  She glanced at me, and I mugged the woman. "I took care of her, provided her with food and clothing, and ensured she continued her education, especially during the lockdown."

More like starved me, made me wear the same clothes everyday and made sure I didn't have time for school, especially during the lockdown. Looking at her made me sick, she looked so proud spitting out those lies.

Lying after swearing on the Bible is sickening.

"But she's such an ungrateful child, she ran away stealing my money." Tamisha lied. "After everything I've done for her. I could've left her in that horrible place but I didn't to, I wanted to give her a home after everything she's been through but I guess she chose her path."

"Would you consider Michaela as a violent person?" The prosecutor questioned.

"Yes. She fought many times with my daughters, once I saw her threatening my eldest with a knife." She continued to lie. "God knows what would've happened if I didn't come home that day." She continued with her web of lies, feigning tears for added effect.

"Ain't no way." I mumbled while chuckling, I'm honestly amused.

The courtroom buzzed with whispers and murmurs. "Order in the court." The judge shouted banging the gavel.