𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐘

📍Chicago, Illinois

October 3rd, 2033
07:43 am

The langham Hotel

  Ashtray and Mia lay sound asleep, entwined in each other's arms in the opulent Master Suite they shared with their bridesmaids and maiden: Yanelie, Tess, Amber, Ashley, Haylee, and Ayden. Originally planned to sleep separately as tradition dictated, but Tess, Ashtray, and Ashley couldn't bear being apart from their partners. They decided to stay together for the night and move to another hotel in the morning.

In the early morning hours, Tess, Yanelie, and Amber reverted to their antics reminiscent of their time together in prison, "Wake up, motherfuckers! It's your wedding day!" Tess shouted, while Yanelie and Amber playfully yanked the covers off Ashtray and Mia. Ashley drew open the curtains, prompting groans from the sleepy couple.

"Come on, we have seven hours till three," Ashley urged, snapping her fingers. Reluctantly, Ashtray rose from bed, with an apparent mug on their face.

"Fix your face, you're getting married today," teased Tess, earning a glare from Ashtray before they retreated to the bathroom muttering something under their breath.

Shortly after, Tess, Ashtray, Ashley, and Amber left to join Ashtray's cousins and parents at the Four Seasons Hotel.

Hairstylists and makeup artists were bustling between both hotels, attending to Amber and Haylee's hair and makeup at The Langham, and Jin, including Ashtray's cousin at the Four seasons.

While Haylee and Amber underwent their transformation, Mia had her personal barber come in to give her, Yanelie, and fresh haircuts. They opted for stylish fades on the sides and back, pulling the remaining curls into sleek, middle-parted styles. Ayden already had his done the day before, so he sat on his phone as he waited.

As the preparations continued, Haylee and Amber slipped into her elegant dress, while Mia and Yanelie donned their custom-tailored tuxedos. The suit features a single-breasted jacket with notch lapels, a matching waistcoat with five buttons, and tailored trousers. She pairs it with a crisp white dress shirt and a textured, pale beige tie. The outfit is complemented by a matching pocket square and a boutonnière made of delicate greenery, adding a touch of natural elegance. Yanelie as the best woman wore something similar but beige—A single-breastfed jacket with a notch lapel, a matching waistcoat with six buttons, and trousers in the same beige fabric. She is also wearing a white dress shirt, a beige tie that matches the suit, and a white pocket square. The suit is accessorized with a white boutonnière. The stylist made final adjustments, ensuring every detail was impeccable for Mia, Yanelie, Ayden, and the rest of the wedding party.

Just as they were nearing readiness, a knock at the door interrupted the bustling preparations. With everyone else occupied, Mia assumed it was room service and opened the door. Mia froze at the sight that greeted her.

Standing there was a figure from her past, his unsettling yet familiar gaze boring into her brown eyes, which widened in shock.

"You were getting married and didn't think to invite your Godfather, Michaela," the man spoke, his voice haunting and echoing through her mind like a sinister melody. "I sent you a letter. I hope you liked it." His words sent waves of shock coursing through her body, making her knees buckle and her eyes shut as she collapsed onto the cold, marble floor.

The thud snapped all four out of their preparations. Noticing Mia's absence, they rushed to the door, their hearts pounding with concern. They found Mia unconscious on the ground, the door ajar, and no one in sight.