𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

C.C.J's cafeteria

In the dimly-lit cafeteria, Mia, Tess, Amber, Ashtray, and Fea sat together around a worn-out table, the air heavy with the smell of institutional tasteless food. Amidst the clatter of trays and the distant chatter of other inmates, their voices hushed as they picked at their breakfast, their appetite diminished by the tasteless fare.While Amber excitedly shared the news of her upcoming release with the group.

"You gon leave me here wid Tess and Fea?!" Mia semi yelled.

Tess, taken aback, questioned with a hint of offense "Hey what's wrong wid me?"

"You annoying as hell." Mia responded, not holding back.

"Damn." Tess, said, feigning hurt, placed her hand on her chest

"I'll be released in 9 months." Amber announced interrupting the banter.

"Thank God." Mia relieved, sighed. "I'll be release 6 months later."

"Oh really?" Amber asked.

"Yes, my sentence is twelve months." Mia confirmed.

"First Ashtray, then Amber now Mia?" Tess scoffed in disbelief. "Y'all gon leave my ass to rot in here alone?"

"I'ma still be here." Fea reminded her.

"Horay?"

"Y'all be so mean fa no reason." Fea said fake pouting.

"How long is your sentence?" Ashtray questioned, curious.

"Fifteen years." Tess responded.

"Fifteen??" They all repeated in unison.

"What'd you do?" Amber questioned.

"I was a kind of a 'drug lord', my ex snitched on my ass cause she swear, I was cheating, I mean I was but I still ended up killing her." Tess shrugged nonchalantly.

"How much more years you got left?" Ashtray questioned.

"Five more" Tess replied taking a sip of her water.

"How old are you?" Fea questioned, her eyes narrowing in confusion.

"Twenty-nine." Tess replied.

"Dang you a grow ass woman." Amber exclaimed.

"Yep"

"I ain't even know you been here for that long, ten whole years." Amber said, they've been cell mates since Amber got here, Two years later Tracy came. Other inmates either killed themselves or ended up in max prison because of Tracy.

"Speaking about it, Amber what did you do?" Tess questioned.

"Killed my baby daddy for putting his hands on my baby." Amber said nonchalantly.

"You got a kid?" The four if them questioned in unison.

"Yes, her name is Raeyinn and she's almost eight I can't wait to see my baby." Amber smiled at the thought of seeing her daughter.

"I know you for like six years and you never mentioned a kid." Tess stated.

"Well you never asked." Amber shrugged.

"How bout you Fea, why are you here?" Ashtray asked.

"Got caught wid drugs on me." Fea responded smiling like it was nothing.

"Of course you got caught." Mia said shaking her head. "How long you here for?

"I got three more years left." Fea responded. "I don't have a kid but I can't wait to see my lil sister." Her smile widened at the thought.