𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

C.C.J's Library

Mia stepped into the library, her eyes scanning the rows of bookshelves in search of Ashtray. Who was at the back searching for something to read.

"Ash?" Mia called out.

"Back here," came Ashtray's response, their voice echoing through the aisles. The soft glow of the ceiling lights illuminated the space as she made her way towards the back. There, amidst the towering shelves, she finally spotted Ashtray, their back hunched as they perused the titles.

"I thought your tongue was down someone's daughter's throat back here," Mia joked as she reached them.

"I don't know if you noticed but I've been on my best behavior lately."Ashtray stated confidently.

"Taking a break?" Mia playfully asked.

"Haha." Ashtray mocked causing Mia to chuckled. "I took your advice into consideration and honestly I haven't been feeling anyone anymore, they're just not her."

Curiosity piqued, Mia leaned in closer, her eyes searching Ashtray's face. "Who's her?" she inquired, genuinely interest.

"No one," they quickly replied.

Mia raised an eyebrow, a knowing smile playing on her lips. "What do you mean, no one?" she gently prodded.

"It doesn't matter she's not interested," they said, as they returned to their search for a book.

"Well, she's dumb," Mia shrugged, her eyebrows furrowing in disbelief. "You gon tell me who she is?"

"Why you wanna know?" they questioned, their tone guarded.

"To knock some sense into her. She gotta be dumb as hell to not be interested," Mia explained, putting her hands on her hips.

"Don't worry about it, it's fine," Ashtray reassured her.

"Okay... if you say so," Mia trailed off, not wanting to push the topic further. Ashtray went back to scanning the row of books. "What are you looking for?" Mia questioned.

"A book to read. I'm bored as fuck. No one comes here, so there's nothing to do," Ashtray explained, their voice filled with a hint of boredom.

"Why are you still here?" Mia questioned, crossing her arms.

"Tryna get rid of me," they chuckled, their tone lighthearted.

"Not at all, but it's been almost 2 months since you talked to your dad. Haven't you figured out what you needed to? Do you need help with that?" Mia asked, genuine concern lacing her words.

"No, it's fine. I already figured it out," Ash stated.

"Then why are you still here, Ash?" Mia questioned, her voice gentle yet persistent. Ashtray shrugged, unsure of how to respond. "Ashtray," she called, her voice filled with warmth.

"Mia?" they playfully called out, a small smile forming on their lips.

"You know you can talk to me," she reminded them. They sighed, finally opening up to share their thoughts.

"The thought of being away from her scares me," they admitted, their voice trembling slightly. "When I wake up in the morning, she's the first thing on my mind. The only person I wanna see when I head to the cafeteria, I love being around her, just staring into those pretty brown eyes." Another sigh escaped their lips. "I don't like feeling this way. How do I make it stop? It hurts even more knowing that she doesn't feel the same way about me."