𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Mia's POV

I had been sleeping really well for two days straight, which was odd because I hadn't felt at peace in so long. I was in a deep slumber until I sensed Ashtray getting off the bed, instantly waking me up. Being a light sleeper, I could feel and hear everything around me, so I definitely noticed Ashtray's movement.

"Where are you going?" I asked, sitting up.

"Good morning?" they replied, their tone sounding more like a question. So, I repeated.

"Good morning."

"Where you going?" I asked while they walked into their closet.

"Work," I heard them say.

"Work," I reluctantly repeated.

"I feel better," they stated.

"You feel better?" I repeated skeptically.

"Yes."

"Mhm, okay," I responded, not fully convinced.

"I do feel better, I swear," they reassured me as they emerged from the closet with their uniform in hand.

"Okay, I believe you," I stated. "Well, I've got work and a press conference to attend to," I added. "I'm glad you're feeling better," I said, getting off the bed and putting on my slides before grabbing my phone from the nightstand.

"Thanks," they smiled. "But, um, a press conference?"

"Yeah, I was actually thinking of canceling it, but since you're feeling better, I won't," I responded. "Being an unwilling public figure, Haylee suggested I do a press conference to answer all their questions so they don't have an excuse to shut down HOME," I explained.

"Oh... Well, uh, good luck," they said.

"Thanks," I smiled. "Well, I'm gonna head out."

"Alright, I'm running late anyway," they stated. "So, uh, see you later?"

"Yeah, sure... bye."

"Bye," they replied before I walked off.

Well, that was awkward.

I made my way into my apartment. It was quiet, indicating that everyone was still asleep. As I entered my room, I noticed that Tess wasn't there. The bed was neatly made, as if no one had slept in it. I didn't dwell on it too much and proceeded to take a shower, going through my usual routine. Once I was done, I dressed in my usual attire - a full black suit with a white buttoned shirt.

"Button up or down?" I questioned myself, examining my reflection in the mirror.

"Where are you going?" I heard Tess's voice behind me. Her reflection appeared in the mirror, dressed in shorts and a sports bra, clearly just having woken up.

"Where did you sleep?" I asked, curious about her whereabouts.

"I'm a grown woman, I don't have to tell you where I was," she replied, using my own words against me.

"Funny," I rolled my eyes, returning my attention to fixing my shirt collar.

"Where are you going, though?" she asked.

"It's Monday, so I've got work and a press conference today," I stated.

"A press conference? Who do you think you are, the president?" she joked.

"You swear you're funny," I snickered.

"And you swear you're intimidating." She retorted before she spoke again. "Button down if you're not wearing a tie on." She advised, I mean she's right, I'd look stupid with it up without a tie.