Chapter One

EDITED

Alyssa's POV

I am back at my house in Bloomington, Indiana because I have decided that me and Matt need to be separated for good. I can't do with this cheating and I have already signed the divorce papers. Matt just has to come here when he gets back from California to sign them also. I don't even get why he is still there. We are not on talking terms right now obviously, but he has tried calling me and texting me, me completely ignoring him.

"Alyssa, get your fine booty down here!" Dawn yells up at me. Me, Dawn, Tori, and Grace share my house that I can now consider our house. They didn't have anywhere to go really so I told them they could stay here as long as they help pay for groceries and stuff like that and they happily agreed. Tori's room is right next door to mine, while Dawn's is across from her room. Grace's room is across from my room so all our rooms are basically in a square.

"I'm coming!" I yell back.

I get up from my desk, because I was on my laptop online shopping, and meet Dawn down in the living room. "What's up?" I ask, standing next to her.

"Denny just called the house phone and said that you need to start working on new songs for the next album ASAP," she informs me.

"K. Thanks babe for letting me know," I say as I walk back upstairs to my room.

"Welcome," she hollers.

I get back up to my desk and sit down, opening up a new Word Document, so I can write a new song, and save it on here. A line comes to mind, and I type it as the firt line of the song: "State the obvious, I didn't get my perfect fantasy."

And it's like the lyrics just flow to my brain. For hours I am sitting there, erasing and rearranging words before adding more.

"I realize you love yourself more than you could ever love me!

So go and tell your friends that I'm obsessive and crazy

That fine, you won't mind if I say.

And by the way."

I save the document as 'Picture To Burn' after I am done and close my laptop shut, deciding that I will go through it again tomorrow to make sure everything is perfect before sending it off to Denny.

Dawn's POV (There are going to be so many changes of POVs and more POVs in this book)

Is it weird to find your friend'a manager attractive? I mean he is funny, sweet, caring, sensitive, tough, and totally gorgeous. Denny even has a serious and business side to him.

I see Tori come downstairs and she takes a seat across from me, making me lose my train of thought. She looks a little upset about something.

"What's up?" I ask her.

"My boyfriend, Chad, just broke up with me." She answers. "It's whatever though."

"How long were you guys dating?" I question and she shrugs her shoulders at me.

"About three weeks," she says and we both burst out laughing.

- First chapter!!