Chapter Twenty Two

Alyssa's POV

"So you remember him?" I ask and he nods slowly, as if he is thinking about the question. "What else do you remember?"

"Nothing yet," he answers. "I think it will all come back to me soon."

"Yeah, I hope really soon." I sigh. "I am going to make dinner. Burritos or Spaghetti?"

"Spaghetti please," he says and I nod, going downstairs to begin cooking the food.

Matt's POV

I have a memory when she exits the room.

"Alyssa? What is wrong?" I ask her.

"Leave me alone," She says, ignoring my question.

"I am coming in," I say and open the door before she can have the chance to answer me.

"Get out," She says sounding so weak.

"What's wrong?" I ask once again.

"YOU WAN TO KNOW WHAT IS WRONG?" She says as she loses everything. "WHAT IS WRONG, IS THAT YOU BROUGHT A BLONDE BIMBO HERE LAST NIGHT! I SAW YOU AND HERE MAKING OUT LAST NIGHT WHEN YOU GUYS WERE WALKING INSIDE!"

"Y-you saw t-that?" I ask, stuttering.

"Yes. I saw you guys walk in when I came back and I was making my way to my room, but you were having to much fun to even notice my presence," She say, almost at the point of crying. Why is she now having these feelings for me.

"You left?" I ask her.

"Yes. I escaped, but I came back. To think that I was starting to have feeling for you. I am such an idiot," she says and sits back down on her back. I still can't believe she escaped and had the chance to get away from me, but instead she came back. I am a stupid screw up and almost everyone knows that, or they should know that.

"You were starting to have feelings for me?" I ask, sounding a very hopeful.

"Not anymore," she says very angry at me. She didn't even look at me when she said it.

"You know what?" She asks me. "I am leaving, and you better leave me alone, and if you don't, I will call the cops. I am not afraid of putting you in jail. You are the one who has ruined my life, and I am not going to let you ruin it anymore. You can just ruin your own life for all I care." She leaves the room and the house.

I shake my head to get ride of that memory. it seems as I all the memories I have been having so far are bad ones. Why's that?

I shake the thoughts away and go downstairs to eat with everyone else. The spaghetti was really good, Alyssa did a great job on it.

"Thank you," I say to Alyssa as we get comfortable in bed.

"For what?"

"For everything," I say. "For not giving up on me. For loving me even though I can't love you back again yet. And for being you."

She looks down to her lap and I know that she must be blushing right now. "Matt, know that I will never give up on you." She takes my hand, and surprising her, I don't pull away, I intertwine our fingers. Her hand is so soft. "I am always here and you can always come to me if you need to. I know that you won't say this back but I love you."

"I love you too," I say back.

"You do?"

Something quick flashes in my mind: Alyssa and I kissing on a park bench, Alyssa and I holding hands as we walk into the mall, Alyssa and I cuddling on the couch while watching a movie, Alyssa and I yelling at each other, Alyssa and I laughing as I tickle her, Alyssa and I taking funny photos together, Alyssa and I standing at the alter, Alyssa and I on our honeymoon, Alyssa and I in the hospital when she gives birth to Quincy.

Alyssa and I, Alyssa and I. Alyssa and I everything. It's all coming back to me, we were an amazing couple and I took that all away from her.

"Yeah, I do," I say and kiss the top of her hand. "I remember everything. Us laughing, us arguing, us on our wedding day, us on our honeymoon, us with Quincy, everything."

A big smile appears on her face and I pull her in for a kiss. He lips feel so good on mine, her lips feel so perfect on mine, as if everything is back to normal.