Chapter Nine

Matt's POV

Alyssa gets home with all of the groceries in hand. I get up from the couch and help her put everything away.

While doing so, Alyssa says, "I saw someone at the store today."

"Really, who?" I ask, not really interested.

She put the Mac 'N Cheese in the pantry and leans on the counter, looking at me.

"Cameron," she says, which gets my attention.

"Cameron Dallas?" I ask and she nods.

"I was wondering why he would want to break us apart," she says.

"I wonder that too," I say, not wanting to give her the resin why he wants to break us apart.

"Matt is there something you are not telling me," she asks, serious.

"No," I lie and she notices my lie.

She let's out a huge sigh and stomps to her bedroom. She would be so angry if I told her the truth, but she would still be angry at me if I lie to her.

I need to tell her the truth.

I walk in her room to see her sitting in the edge of her bed. I haven't been home since I before the wedding, which was almost a month ago.

"Alyssa, I'll tell you," I say and she looks up at me.

I sigh and take a seat next to her. "During high school, I was a very big player and you know that already. Cameron's girlfriend at the time kissed me and I kisses her back. Cameron say the whole thing and ever since then he has planned revenge on me."

She starts yelling at me. "Realky, Matthew? You didn't tell me? He could have hurt me and you decided not to tell me that story? He shot you for Goodness sakes. I can't believe you!"

She storms out of the room and I hear the front door slam shut. What have I done? I should have just told her earlier. I am a big mess up and almost everyone knows that. I just need to face it.