~News

📍Netherlands
August 2019
🎶Irama- Un giorno in più

The summer break had begun and, as promised, Alyssa had just landed at Amsterdam airport where her sister Victoria was waiting for her and would accompany her home.
Her family still didn't know anything about her pregnancy, because in her opinion it would have been better to tell them face to face.

Max, due to problems with the team, would arrive for dinner and, seeing as the youngest needed a lot of support when she told the truth, she decided to do it in the presence of his big brother.

After going down and retrieving her suitcase full of extra-large t-shirts and sweatshirts, the girl wanders around the building looking for the older blonde.
It doesn't take long before she sees her running in her direction and then crushes her with a hug <<I fucking missed you Lyss!>> Vic exclaimed, continuing to hold her close to her <<I missed you too Vic, but if you hold me a little longer I won't breathe anymore>> <<Sorry little sister, you know how I am... but Max?>> <<He had a few problems with the team- nothing serious, don't get upset- and he'll arrive this evening>> <<Ok! Now let's get going otherwise mum will worry, you know how she is>> they quickly head towards the car park where, after having loaded the suitcase, they get into and then leave, headed for the Verstappen house.

<<How are things at Ferrari?>> Victoria asks her sister to start a conversation <<Pretty good, a lot has changed since the beginning of this year>> <<Are you better off where you are now or when you were in Red Bull?>> at first Lyss is shocked by the question but then replies <<They are two completely different realities. From the outside they all look the same, but I can assure you that this is absolutely not the case. Everyone has their own way of managing strategies, victories and defeats, the pit stops. Red Bull raised me and made me who I am now. I will never forget all those evenings spent with Max and Daniel, spent partying until late, sleeping little and waking up with scary dark circles under my eyes but, leaving that aside, my home now is Ferrari and I'm happy about this>>.

In reality there was a detail of those evenings with his brother and the Honey Badger that she hadn't told her sister: playing Truth or Dare after drinking, the two boys happened to kiss.
Nothing really worrying except for the fact that it had meant something to the Australian. No one but Dan and Lyss knew about this, not even Max who apparently didn't even remember there being a kiss between him and his best friend.

The rest of the journey passed in complete silence and, when they arrived at their destination, the parents were waiting for them in front of the house, looking forward to hugging their youngest daughter again.

The mother, Sophie, wasted no time and immediately held her daughter in her arms, in a hug which Jos, the father, also joined <<Welcome home Aly>> she smiled, still surrounded by her parents.
<<Then I'll go>> said the second of the Verstappen brothers <<Already?>> Sophie asked her, with an expression between sorry and annoyed <<Yes mum. I'm sorry Alyssa but I promised Tom I would go to lunch with him>> <<Don't worry Vic>> replied her sister, hiding her disappointment <<Remember that tonight there's family dinner and you have to be there Victoria>> Jos wasn't very happy with her daughter's behavior <<Yes, yes. Bye now>> and having said this, she got into the car and left.

The parents and Alyssa entered the house and, while Sophie started cooking lunch, Jos helped the girl empty the suitcase and put everything in the wardrobe.
Luckily the man wasn't one of those who asked a lot of questions so, even though he noticed that the clothes were all very large compared to the size Lyss usually wore, he didn't say anything and she was grateful for it.

Even during lunch there was a particularly tense atmosphere and in fact, not a fly flew until the girl, after she had finished eating, got up and announced to her parents <<I'm done. If you're looking for me, I'm in my room>>.
She had spent the entire afternoon in her room, sitting on the bed reading book after book, caressing her belly and smiling every now and then.
After all, she was happy to have a part of Charles growing inside her.

At a certain point, Alyssa saw her brother's blond head pop out of the door of her room <<Max!>> she shouted and then hugged him <<Hey easy Lyss! I'm here>> he laughed while stroking her hair.
Before dinner, Alyssa decided to change into a blue Tommy Hilfiger sweatshirt, kindly given to her by Lewis, a pair of high-waisted black jeans 4 sizes bigger than the one she wore 2 months ago, and black and white Vans.

She took a deep breath and sat down at the table with the whole family. As always, mom had outdone herself when it came to food.
Unlike lunch, the tensione had melted away and now everyone was talking calmly about anything.
After having finished eating dessert, the most difficult moment had arrived for Alyssa: confessing the truth.

<<Mom, dad, Vic... I have to tell you something but don't get angry>> she began, grabbing Max's hand from under the table <<Tell us honey, don't be afraid>> Sophie tried to encourage her to speak <<Um... I- I'm p- pregnant>> Alyssa managed to get it out. The smiles on the faces of the others faded, hearing the words of the youngest of the family.

Seeing this, Lyss' eyes began to fill with tears but she was relieved when Victoria violently stood up and walked away. Her parents continued to look at her without saying a word and, no longer able to argue, she burst into tears and then ran away to her room, chased by poor Max.