~Something strange

📍Imola, Italy
1 november 2020
🎶Dean Lewis- For the last time

Back in Italy, that year was the third time they returned to this wonderful land. Not that Alyssa minded, of course, after all every Grand Prix in Italy that season had led to some wonderful surprises and beautiful podiums.

But in those days she was too busy thinking about an event that had happened shortly after they returned from Portugal.

The girl had decided that she would spend that week's break at her home in Monte Carlo because honestly, she didn't want to spend more time than necessary in a hotel in Maranello and she didn't even want to disturb Cate by sleeping at her house.

She would have been alone at home because her mother and sister had returned to Holland due to work. She wasn't afraid of this, unlike her brother who had also proposed to her to move temporarily into the house he and Daniel shared, however, she had refused saying that she didn't intend to not sleep at night because they had to do their dirty things.

In the end, a little reluctantly, he left her alone with the children and Alaska, promising her, however, that he would visit her every day after morning training.

One morning Alyssa had decided that, in the company of her "roommates", she would go for a walk so as not to always be locked in the house doing the same things, however, what she never expected was that she would meet Charlotte Sinè.

After a long walk pushing the twins' stroller, the Dutchman had decided to stop to rest in a park before returning home. She sat on a bench, turning the children towards her, while Alaska sat next to her. They laughed and played with each other, occasionally petting the dog who, now used to it, kept quiet and let them do it.

His mother was taking a photo of him when, suddenly, Charles's famous girlfriend approached her <<Hey>> the blonde greeted her, a little bewildered <<Hi. You're Alyssa Verstappen, right? Charles's mechanic>> <<Yes, it's me. You're supposed to be his girlfriend though, right?>> she nodded and then her gaze moved to the twins who continued to play undisturbed.
She remembers that she was already ready to lash out when, contrary to her expectations, the Monegasque woman sat next to her and hugged her, whispering <<I'm sorry>>.

Pulling away slowly she asked <<For what?>> <<When I got together with Charles I didn't know that you were expecting these children and, above all, I didn't know that they were his! I found out a few days ago because I accidentally overheard a conversation between Arthur and Pascale. Really, I'm so sorry! It wasn't my intention to make you feel bad>> these words had struck Alyssa a lot but the ones that came after did it even more <<It's obvious that Charles is in love with you>> she had said <<I've noticed it for a while: he doesn't look at me in the same way he looks at you. You can see from a distance of kilometers that you have feelings for each other>>

The youngest of the Verstappen brothers wanted to reply that, in reality, none of this was true, that the Monegasque hated her because she had hidden the truth about Jules and Mya from him but he couldn't tell her any of this since the girl was gone.

Lost as she was in her thoughts she had crashed her stroller into Lance who was talking to Esteban, pretending not to be a couple <<Hey!>> <<Sorry! I was distracted>> she apologized immediately <<Uncle Eteban!>> Jules caught the Canadian's attention <<Can he say your name? How cute! When did this happen?>> <<During the Grand Prix where you weren't there... It's a long story...>> the Frenchman was interrupted by Verstappen <<Which you will be very happy to tell him! I'm leaving you, I'm a little late. See you later!>> <<See you!>> they greeted her in chorus, then went back to talking to each other.

Pierre had made a good qualifying, earning a start from the second row together with Max. In these last two GPs, George had always finished in the top 15 during qualifying and in fact, that day too he had earned the 13th starting position.
Fate wanted the three of them, together with Esteban, to retire due to various problems, after they were having a wonderful race: Pierre was forced to retire almost immediately after the start due to a broken radiator; Esteban went off the track and his car almost caught fire; Max, after managing to overtake Valtteri and take second place, had hit a piece of debris with his right rear, causing the explosion of it; finally George who, after arriving in the points, had hit the wall due to a stupid mistake during the Safety Car.

She promised herself not to go and talk to either his brother or George until their anger passed but, when Daniel went up to the podium again, she had to hold back a lot to keep this promise
<<Uncle Dan!>> <<Uncle Dan!>> Meanwhile Jules and Mya were happy celebrating their uncle's third place, making Jordan smile <<Are you happy, little ones?>> <<Yessss! Uncle Dan!>> she loved making videos to send to those directly interested <<Mom...>> Jules began, staring at his mother <<Damn! I'm going to Seb's motorhome to change him. Could you watch Mya for me Jo? I'll be right back>> <<Sure>> <<Thanks! I'll be as fast as a Mercedes!>> she grabbed the bag and with her son in her arms set off towards his destination.

As she finished changing Jules, her cell phone in her back pocket vibrated, alerting her to an incoming text. Taking it in her hand she discovered that it was Jordan who warned her that he had left the circuit together with Mya and their driver friends <<What do you say little one, let's go back to your sister?>> the child smiled showing his teeth and clapped his hands happily <<I'll take that as a yes>>.

<<There you are! I thought you were lost>> Lando jokes, hand in hand with Melissa <<I'd make you change a restless baby. Thanks Jordy>> Alyssa placed her son back in the stroller, then asked Alex <<Max?>> <<Before going out I saw Daniel entering his motorhome. Max was very angry and downcast, I hope he can cheer him up>> <<I can imagine. Both he, George and Pierre had been very good before the withdraw>> they remained silent for a while, thinking of their friends

<<Lyss are you staying with us at the Scuderia until tomorrow or are you going home with your brother?>> Seb asked her <<Sorry guys, but I really need to go home and sleep on my bed. I don't want to stay in a hotel longer than necessary, with two small children it's very difficult to make them adapt to beds other than theirs>>.

At dinner that evening, the tension seemed to have lowered a little - perhaps because Max had preferred to eat in his room, alone -. Pierre and George stood aside.
<<How's my brother?>> the younger girl had asked Daniel when he sat down next to her to eat <<He doesn't want to see me. Even today, when I went to him, he chased me away>> <<You know how he is. He just needs to let off his anger and then he'll be back like before. After all, he is Max Verstappen>> they both laughed, being interrupted by Alyssa's phone vibrating:

Let's meet on Wednesday at the park where you met Charlotte. We need to talk seriously.
Charles