~Return

📍Montecarlo, Monaco
december 2019
🎶Diego Lazzari- Vienimi a prendere

The weeks and months had flown by since Alyssa had made peace with her mother and sister; in the blink of an eye, December 1st, the last race of the season, had arrived. The previous ones had been disastrous for Ferrari, especially Interlagos which, however, had brought a beautiful 1st place to Max, a 2nd for Pierre and a 3rd for Carlos, after a penalty for Lewis for having collided with Alex.

When she phoned Cate to find out if she had seen the race, she responded in tears and screaming with happiness.

<<So Max is coming back home tomorrow?>> Victoria asks, sitting on the sofa next to her sister, handing her a plate with two slices of strawberry cheesecake on top <<I called him earlier, he said he booked a flight late tomorrow night so he would be here the next day>> <<We have to get ready for some news?>> says the mother, entering the living room just as the five traffic lights go out, starting the Abu Dhabi GP <<Yes mommy. I hope you will be happy because Max is really happy now>>.

They spent the afternoon focused on the race which was truly magnificent!: Lewis also won this last race but Max arrived 2nd and Charles placed behind him, bringing a wonderful smile to little Verstappen's face. The Monegasque hadn't been on the podium since Sochi and, even though it was only third place, Lyss was very happy for him.

At lunchtime two days later, chaos reigned in the Verstappen household!

Vic ran from one side of the house to the other with her hair still wet from the shower, tied up in a turban with a towel; Sophie was constantly churning out and baking dishes for lunch, while she asked her youngest daughter if the mysterious guest liked what she was cooking, receiving the answer that he would eat anything.

<<Victoria could you help me tie these pants?>> the younger girl suddenly arrived in her sister's room wearing a bra and with her maternity jeans pulled up but not buttoned <<Of course! That's it! Are they tight on you?>> <<Thanks and no, they are perfect for containing this belly>> she smiles at her and then chuckles

<<How are you feeling today Lyss?" says Vic, thoughtfully <<I'm a little nervous about lunch. Even though I already know your reactions. Max has been very close to me in recent months and... well I don't want him to suffer>> <<Listen to me little sister... I don't know who this person is, but I know I won't make the mistake of abandoning a member of my family again. Now let's finish getting ready: we're super late!>>

The magnificent cream sweater that Alyssa had paired with jeans was truly fantastic on her and made her very comfortable.

<<Mum, have you seen Alaska? She should be eating at this time>> the blonde asks, not seeing her dog in her bunk <<She's right here>> a voice replies, which however is not that of her mother, but that of her brother <<Max!>> as best as she can, she runs to him and hugs him <<Where's Daniel?>> she whispers in his ear <<He's coming. He brought the suitcases to our house>> <<May we know why your shoes are... Max!>> Victoria screams euphoric, reaching Alyssa in the eldest's arms <<I missed you little sisters>> <<Me and Vic missed you too>>

<<Sorry ladies, could I have the honor of hugging my son too?>> says Sophie, after coming out of the kitchen <<Come here mom!>> and so saying they end up finding themselves in a mega family squeeze.

While they were waiting for the other guest, the Verstappens had moved to the sofa in the living room, telling each other everything and more <<We went shopping almost every day in these two months! I've never had so much fun in my life!>> Victoria was saying to Max <<Mum and Vic bought lots of onesies for the twins. There are some really absurd ones!>>

The laughter is interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell <<Come with me! Meet the person who makes me smile every day>> exclaims Max. Upon opening, they find Daniel Ricciardo in front of him, smiling as usual <<Good morning ladies! Hello love>> he says, and then gives a tender kiss on the lips to his boyfriend <<Aww! How cute of you!>> <<I KNEW IT!>> the two break away only hearing Sophie and Victoria shout two completely different things at the same time <<So...do we have your blessing?>> asks the blonde, hopefully <<Of course! We just want you to be happy>> replies the mother for both of them, making the boys and Alyssa, who was now feeding Alaska, breathe a sigh of relief.

During lunch they do nothing but remember old family events, laughing until they cry. Daniel had also brought gifts to the three women: he had made Sophie a perfume, a palette and a hair straightener for Vic, some cute onesies for the children and a maternity dress for Alyssa.
They had had a great time, but when the couple announced they were moving in together, the mother almost fainted.