~Jules and Mya Verstappen

📍Montecarlo, Monaco
11 february 2020
🎶5 Seconds of Summer- Lie to me

When you feel good and have fun with your family, time flies!
Christmas and New Year had passed more than a month ago at the Verstappen house but Alyssa's memories stopped when the Monegasque had called her to wish her Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Unfortunately, every now and then Victoria was forced to be away, even for a few days, due to work, she was afraid of missing the moment when her little sister would give birth to her nephew and niece.
In fact, February had now arrived and, in addition to the presentation of the new racing cars, it was a matter of days before the twins will born.

<<Today is the presentation of the SF1000, right Aly?>> asks the mother, while they are having breakfast, on the morning of February 11, 2020 <<Oh God, it's true! Thanks for reminding me, mum. Tonight I promised Seb that I would call him after the presentation>> <<Then I advise you to put on an alarm. But are you sure you're feeling well, love? You're very pale...>> says Sophie, worried about her daughter's health <<Yes, the children are simply kicking more than usual but don't worry, I'm fine>> she smiles at her <<If you say so>> having said this, the two women continue their breakfast in silence.

In the afternoon, while lying comfortably on the sofa watching TV series, Lyss receives a call from her brother
<<Hey! Ready to see my new car tomorrow?>> <<1. It's not yours but Alex's too, 2. Obviously yes and 3. How are things progressing in Milton Keynes?>> <<Everything is fine here even if I miss Dan a little... But mum told me that you're not feeling very well today...>> <<It's not true! If you interrupted my Elité marathon to tell me this I swear that I - HA!>>

<<Alyssa what happened?!" the eldest is alarmed <<I-I think my waters just broke! MOM! Help, Max! What do I have to do now?!>> Sophie, upon entering the living room, found her daughter completely panicked, with wet trousers and on the phone with her brother, who was trying in every way to calm her down.
It took the woman two seconds to understand what was happening and, in the blink of an eye, they found themselves in the car, on their way to the hospital.

It was the longest trip of Alyssa's life, even though it had only lasted about ten minutes.
They were greeted by a nurse, who immediately sat the girl down in a wheelchair, and then headed to the delivery room with her.
Sophie was banned from entering so, with her heart pounding and worrying, she sat down in the waiting room and phoned Max and Victoria to inform them that they would soon be uncles.

Meanwhile inside the room, Alyssa had been placed on a cot and they were waiting for her to be dilated enough to give birth.
<<Very good miss. You're ready! On the count of three, give me a good push, okay?>> she nodded in response to the doctor, she was in too much pain to do anything <<Good! Ready? One...two...three! Push!>> and Lyss obeyed, even starting to scream but she knew that even if she was suffering now, later she would be repaid by the most beautiful creatures in the world: her children.

About an hour after she was waiting for news, Sophie saw Victoria running in and, after another half hour, a doctor joined her. <<Are you Alyssa Verstappen's relatives?>> <<Yes, I am her mother and she is her sister>> <<So... The birth went well, both the girl and the children are in perfect health. You can find them in room 253, on the second floor>> <<Thank you very much doctor>> they both thank the man, and then head towards the indicated room.

They enter slowly, trying to make as little noise as possible but the scene they find in front of them is too tender: Lyss is sitting on the bed with the two twins in her arms, one covered with a blue blanket and the other with a pink <<Aly. ..>> raising her head, she shows her tears <<Baby why are you crying?>> Vic asks her <<He's identical to Charles: same hair, same eyes>> she replies, looking at the child <<Oh, darling>> the two come closer and hug her.

After a few minutes, the door is opened again, letting two nurses in <<Sorry, but we should take the two children for checks>> says one <<Oh, sure! Go ahead>> <<Miss, what do you want to call them?>> she thinks about it for a while and then announces <<Jules and Mya. Jules and Mya Verstappen>>.