Campfire Legend

Ichika leaned her back against the wall, gazing up at the starry night sky. The shouts and cheers from various other students enjoying their time at the campfire echoed from behind the pair, sitting done next to one another. Ichika inhaled deeply, her eyes slowly sealed shut as her head lowered slightly before exhaling, attempting to release all of the sudden build-up of stress in the moment.

Once that was accomplished, she flicked her head right to face Y/N with a beaming smile on her face.

Ichika: "I might quit school."

Y/N: "Huh?"

Y/N wasn't expecting those words to escape Ichika's mouth. With him and Fuutarou now tutoring the girls and with her Father paying for their tutoring, he wouldn't of thought for even a split second that was what Ichika had in mind. As a result of this surprise, Y/N went wide-eyed in shock which made Ichika giggle slightly from his reaction.

Ichika: "Now you finally took notice."

Y/N: "You're going to... quit?"

Ichika: "You could say that I'm taking a break."

Ichika faced away from Y/N and stared down to her own knees. She was currently curled up so that her chin was only a few inches away from her own knees. Ichika folded her arms and rested them atop of her knees and rested her cheek on her upper arm as she stared into the forest ahead of them.

Ichika: "You remember me telling you that I've been shooting for a movie recently, right? Well ever since them I've started to get more gigs. I took notice of other actors who play student roles skip school years fully knowing that they will have to retake the year later down the line, or even consider moving to a more flexible school so their schedule's fit. But you know me, I'm pretty much hopeless when it comes to school and to have my own friends tutor me really just puts the cherry on top doesn't it..."

Ichika sunk further into her own arms, her voice now becoming slightly muffled as she carried on with her speech.

Ichika: "To be honest, I really don't think I would miss high school. But it's my sister's and you guys I would miss most... If I get too many gigs and shoots then I will just have to be out of the house more often than I am now and if I make it really big and start going abroad, I won't be able to see my sister's grow up or even grow alongside them either, I might not even be able to attend their graduation too..."

Ichika chuckled at her own comment slightly as she raised the bottom half of her head out of her arms and turned back towards Y/N.

Ichika: "But I've got some time to think about it, plus I'm not that big of a deal as of yet so you could say I've overthought one or two things."

Y/N: "Oh look at you go wanting to be in the big leagues."

Ichika was genuinely surprised from the reaction she had got from Y/N. Now she was the one who was wide-eyed.

 Y/N: "Well good for you, looks like you've found your dream... Now it's your choice to chase it or let it be a dream."

Ichika was slightly confused, her head was tilted slightly and one of her eyebrows was barely raised too.

Ichika: "I'm not sure what you're trying to say here?"

Y/N: "What I'm saying here is that this is your choice to make Ichika. I'm not going to force you into a decision, but I'll respect whatever choice you decide on. If you want to quit and go for the option to fulfil your acting career to it's fullest, then go for that. However, if your leaning to stay in school and maximise your academic career alongside your shoots and gigs, then choose that option. As your tutor and friend, make the choice that you think is best, understand."