~Chapter 1~ ~Reborn~

Young Hannah Elsher had woken up to her brother's screams one night, so as the curious three year old she was, she went to check it out. She waddled down the stairs to the kitchen, to see a shadowy horned figure holding a knife. She saw her brother, unconscious, laying on the floor with a puddle of blood forming underneath him. She closed her eyes and started screaming and crying. Quick footsteps could be heard coming to her and something sharp poked her. Her heart started to sting and everything went silent, then she woke up.

There was a bright light shining above, a blurry figure with long hair was holding Hannah in their arms. The figure's long hair dropped down to Hannah's face. "Let's name her Miko." the figure said. Miko was confused and thought of her brother. Immediately, she started to cry. This was the beginning of her new life.

~12 years later~

I had always been known as the weird kid at school. Why? Because of my heterochromia. My left eye was green, but my right eye was brown. Oh, and also because of an incident that happened in the past. Mom said that my eyes were special, but the kids at my new school would have most certainly said otherwise. I wouldn't ever forget my first day of kindergarten, the day 'the incident' happened. Dad had just finished brushing my hair, and he had picked out a bear hoodie with pants to match it. Mom walked into the room, and asked me if I was excited. As the optimistic four year old I was, my immediate response was that I would befriend everyone. Once I was ready, my parents held my hands as we walked to Otterma Academy. When we arrived, I hugged my parents goodbye, and ran inside the school full of excitement.

It was a really big school. There were many people older and the same age as me. I felt someone tap my shoulder, and when I turned around, I saw a man weirdly smiling down at me. He asked if I was one of the new kindergarteners, and I nodded. He pointed to a group of kids and three adults, and told me that I needed to go there to be taken to my classroom. As I was walking to the group I heard someone scream. They yelled, "MIKO, DON'T GO THERE! RUN AWAY! TRUST ME!"

Everything turned black, and my green eye started stinging. Once I was able to see again, I saw the man laying on the ground with his leg bending in a way I never knew a leg could bend. The whole floor went quiet, and about five seconds later, everyone was screaming. I started crying because of the pain in my eye.

An ambulance was called, and so were my parents. Turns out, I was the reason the man's leg was bending weirdly. So let's state the obvious; I was expelled from the school. The walk home was very awkward. I was still crying, mom was in shock, and dad looked absolutely furious to the point his face was red. Once we finally got home, dad looked down at me, sighed, and told me to go to my room. I ran upstairs, tears rolling down my face. I threw myself onto my bed, and grabbed my teddy bear, Cocoa.

I fell asleep, and I had a dream about a boy. He had brown hair, and he was bleeding. There was a shadowy figure standing beside the boy. The figure was holding a knife, then everything went dark. I woke up to my mom shaking me. She looked horrified, and she asked if I had a nightmare. My sudden instinct told me that I shouldn't tell her what I dreamt of, so I told her I felt sick. Mom told me to go back to sleep, and that she would come back when lunch was ready. I had trouble going back to sleep, so I stayed up, thinking about what had happened at school earlier that morning. An hour later, the T.V. turned on downstairs. I heard a news reporter say that a bomb had been found in Otterma Academy, but it was found an hour after the school exploded.

No one survived, and the police are trying to figure out who put the bomb in the school. It was a very confusing and painful day, and ever since then, my green eye would randomly start stinging. I kept on hearing that voice, and I kept on having the same dream about the boy. I was still trying to figure out why this was happening, but I was too scared to ask my mom or dad because I didn't want them to start freaking out. And I definitely didn't want them to get me a therapist or something. Ever since people learned I broke a man's leg, it had been hard getting me into a new school. I remember being scared when a school accepted me because I thought I would get expelled from that one too. Everyone at my new school had hated me, and some of them were even scared of me. The had hated me for my eyes, and were scared of me for the incident. The only person that was nice to me at my school was my grade seven homeroom and science teacher, Ms. Kokoro.